LINGUIST List 32.2326
Fri Jul 09 2021
Jobs: Catalan-Valencian-Balear; Croatian; Ukrainian; Vietnamese; Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology: Consultant, M47 Labs & International Fiducia, S.L.
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Carla Torrijos <jobs
Catalan-Valencian-Balear; Croatian; Ukrainian; Vietnamese; Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology: Consultant, M47 Labs & International Fiducia, S.L., Barcelona, Spain E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: M47 Labs & International Fiducia, S.L.
Department: Computational Linguistics
Job Location: Barcelona, Spain
Web Address: https://www.m47labs.com/
Job Title: Computational Linguist (Speech)
Job Rank: Consultant
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Computational Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology
Required Language(s): Catalan-Valencian-Balear (cat) Croatian (hrv) Ukrainian (ukr) Vietnamese (vie)
M47 Labs is a fast growing Barcelona based tech company with a focus on providing outstanding international quality engineering and data and language analytics services. We may be a newer company, but our deep knowledge and strong industry experience allows us to work with top companies around the world.
We are growing our Computational Linguistics (Speech) team for several languages to work on a cutting-edge Personal Voice Assistant software used by millions of users worldwide, with one of our major clients. We are looking for someone with native knowledge of one of the following languages: Catalan, Vietnamese, Ukrainian or Croatian.
In this project you will be responsible for helping the Voice Assistant to understand and speak your native language, focusing on the phonetics and phonology of NLG and NLU, connecting humans and machines through seamless voice interaction.
- Evaluate, assess and monitor large amounts of speech data in order to improve software quality and linguistic resources for speech recognition and speech synthesis.
- Phonetically transcribe speech audio, classify speech sounds by their linguistic features, verify existing phonetic transcriptions accurately through solid understanding of conventional phonetic notation, and accurately describe the phonotactics of your native language.
- Create, update, review and correct phonetic transcriptions for speech dictionaries.
- Create and correct data for language modeling.
- Review tests and identify potential fixes.
What we offer:
- Temporary contract with the possibility to extend
- Central location in Barcelona in an amazing working space
- Relocation package
- Office Perks
- Competitive salary based on candidate background and experience
- Private Medical Insurance
- Great international and young work environment
- Access to internal and external trainings
- Native level of Catalan, Croatian, Vietnamese or Ukrainian.
- Excellent knowledge of structural aspects of the language (in particular phonology and phonetics).
- Up-to-date exposure to popular native culture and the ability to use that knowledge to improve the focus of your local market.
- Solid understanding of conventional phonetic notation such as IPA, SAMPA or CMU.
- Comfortable with tools such as Bash and Grep.
- Ability to run and debug scripts written in Python as well as reading and writing regular expressions.
- Experience with one or more version control systems with a preference for Git
- Excellent English skills.
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage priorities.
- Good organizational and analytical skills.
- Experience working with large quantities of natural language data, lexical resources, corpora, Natural Language Processing algorithms.
- Familiarity with speech signal (e.g. spectrograms).
- Strong programming skills and a background in Machine Learning.
- Familiarity working directly with the speech signal (e.g. via spectrograms) is a plus.
- Experience in ASR (Automatic Speech Recognition) and TTS (Text to Speech).
- Experience using OS X or iOS software.
- University level (preferably Master's Degree) in Linguistics, Applied Linguistics, Computational Linguistics, Speech Technologies or professional experience in related field
*We encourage you to apply if you are native to one of the language and have a strong Linguistic knowledge even if you lack experience on the NLP field as we are open to different levels of seniority.*
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: https://m47labs.recruitee.com/o/computational-linguist-speech
HR Recruiter Carla Torrijos
Page Updated: 09-Jul-2021