LINGUIST List 32.2346
Mon Jul 12 2021
Jobs: English; Language Acquisition; Neurolinguistics: Rank Open, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Linguistics and Modern Languages <lin
English; Language Acquisition; Neurolinguistics: Rank Open, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Department: Department of Linguistics and Modern Languages
Job Location: Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Web Address: http://ling.cuhk.edu.hk
Job Title: Senior Lecturer(s) / Lecturer(s) - (210001BO)
Job Rank: Rank Open
Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition; Neurolinguistics; Bilingualism; Sign Linguistics; Theoretical Linguistics
Required Language(s): English (eng)
Senior Lecturer(s) / Lecturer(s) - (210001BO)
Department/ Unit: Department of Linguistics and Modern Languages
Closing Date: July 31, 2021
The Department of Linguistics and Modern Languages is a young and vibrant department, devoted to the study of language and mind, with strengths in theoretical linguistics, language acquisition, bilingualism, sign linguistics and neurolinguistics. It is inviting applications for lectureship in linguistics.
Applicants should have:
- A Master’s degree or above in linguistics (PhD degree is preferred); and
- At least ten years’ post-Master teaching experience (for Senior Lecturer rank) or at least four years’ post-Master teaching experience (for lecturer rank) in teaching courses in different areas of linguistics at the university level.
The appointees will:
- Teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses;
- Supervise research projects of undergraduate and MA students;
- Conduct seminars and talks;
- Assist in organizing departmental academic activities; and
- Undertake programme administrative duties.
Appointments will initially be made on a contract basis for up to two years commencing January 2022, renewable subject to performance, funding and mutual agreement.
Application Deadline: 31-Jul-2021
Web Address for Applications: https://cuhk.taleo.net/careersection/cu_career_teach/jobdetail.ftl?job=210001BO&tz=GMT%2B08%3A00&tzname=Asia%2FHong_Kong
Linguistics and Modern Languages
Page Updated: 12-Jul-2021