LINGUIST List 32.2367
Tue Jul 13 2021
Calls: Portuguese; Comp Ling/Brazil
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Luís Manuel Trigo <trigoslab
Demo Session E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Demo Session
Date: 21-Mar-2022 - 23-Mar-2022
Location: Fortaleza, Brazil
Contact Person: Luís Manuel Trigo
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Linguistic Field(s): Computational Linguistics
Subject Language(s): English; Portuguese
Call Deadline: 04-Jan-2022
The PROPOR’2022 Demonstration Program Committee invites submissions for Demonstrations. Following the spirit of the previous PROPOR editions, the demonstration track aims at bringing together Academia and Industry, creating a forum where more than written or spoken descriptions of research are available. Thus, demos should allow attendees to try and test them during their presentation in a dedicated session adopting a more informal setting. Products, systems, or tools are examples of acceptable demos. Both early-research prototypes and mature systems may also be considered.
Call for Papers:
The areas of interest include all topics related to theoretical and applied issues of written and spoken Portuguese, such as, but not limited to (the same topics as for the conference paper submission):
– Human speech production, perception, and communication – Human speech production; Human speech and sound perception; Physiology and pathology of spoken language; Paralinguistic and nonlinguistic cues (e.g., emotion and expression).
– Linguistic Description and Theories – Phonology and phonetics, prosody (e.g., production, perception, modeling), Syntactic, semantic, and anaphoric phenomena.
– Natural Language Processing Tasks – Parsing, tagging, chunking, and segmentation; Annotation, evaluation, semantic role labeling; Grammar induction, subcategorization acquisition; Sentiment analysis and opinion mining.
– Natural Language Processing Applications – Word sense disambiguation; Dialect identification; Machine translation; Information retrieval; Plagiarism detection, Question answering, etc.
– Speech Technologies – Spoken language generation and synthesis; Speech and speaker recognition; Spoken language understanding.
– Speech Applications – Spoken language interfaces and dialogue systems; Systems for information retrieval and information extraction; Systems for speech-speech translation; Applications for aged and disabled people; Applications for learning and education.
– Resources, standardization, and evaluation – Spoken language resources, annotation, and tools; Spoken language evaluation and standardization; NLP resources, annotation, and tools; NLP evaluation and standardization.
– Language and Speech processing in academic disciplines – Speech and Hearing Sciences, Health, Biology Linguistics, Psychology, Education.
Further details on topics and submissions are available on the event site: https://sites.universidadedefortaleza.com/propor2022/?page_id=177
The systems may be of the following kinds:
* Natural Language Processing systems or system components;
* Application systems using language technology components;
* Software tools for computational linguistics research;
* Software for demonstration or evaluation;
* Development tools.
There will be the Best Demo Award for the best-presented demo.
* January 4, 2022: Demos submission
* February 4, 2022: Notification of acceptance or rejection
* February 25, 2022: Camera-ready description document due
* March 21-23, 2022: Conference
Luís Trigo (OPorto University (LIACC FEUP), Portugal)
Wellington Franco (Federal University of Ceará, Brazil)
Page Updated: 13-Jul-2021