LINGUIST List 32.2427
Tue Jul 20 2021
Jobs: Computational Linguistics; Neurolinguistics; Psycholinguistics: Rank Open, City University of Hong Kong
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Tina Leung <tinachoy
Computational Linguistics; Neurolinguistics; Psycholinguistics: Rank Open, City University of Hong Kong, Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: City University of Hong Kong
Department: Linguistics and Translation
Job Location: Kowloon Tong, Hong Kong
Web Address: https://lt.cityu.edu.hk/
Job Title: Chair Professor/Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor (Linguistics)
Job Rank: Rank Open
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Neurolinguistics; Psycholinguistics
Chair Professor/Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor (Linguistics) in the Department of Linguistics and Translation [Ref. C/693/09]
City University of Hong Kong (CityU) is one of the world’s leading universities, known for innovation, creativity and research. The Department of Linguistics and Translation of CityU is now seeking exceptional scholars to join us as Assistant Professors/Associate Professors/Professors/Chair Professors (on substantiation-track) in all academic fields with special focuses on One Health, Digital Society, Smart City, Matter, Brain, and related interdisciplinary areas.
Research fields of particular interest include, but not limited to:
- Biomedical science and engineering
- Computer science and data science
- Neuroscience and neural engineering
- Bio-statistics and AI-healthcare
- Smart/semi-conductor manufacturing
- AI/robotics/autonomous systems
- Aerospace and microelectronics engineering
- Energy generation and storage
- Digital business and innovation management
- Fintech and business analytics
- Computational social sciences
- Digital humanities
- Digital and new media
- Law and technology
- Private law
- Healthy, smart and sustainable cities
Successful candidates should have a demonstrated ability to build a world-class research programme related to CityU’s strategic research areas, plus a commitment to education and student mentorship. Candidates must possess a doctorate in their respective field by the time of appointment.
Applications and nominations are invited for the above posts:
Conduct quality and innovative research and publish in high-impact journals; teach and supervise students at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels; and undertake administrative duties in course development, student activities, or programme management.
- A PhD in Linguistics or related disciplines.
- Candidates should have ability to undertake research and teaching in Linguistics and Language Application, particularly in the following areas: neurolinguistics, psycholinguistics or computational linguistics.
- Other areas of interest include empirical or corpus linguistics, general linguistics, semantics and pragmatics, second language acquisition and learning, sociolinguistics, phonetics and phonology. Preference will be given to candidates with a strong interest, training and publication record in interdisciplinary research that bridges linguistics with neuroscience or data science.
- Excellent teaching and professional experience with international exposure and establishment, strong research and administrative ability, and a proven record of publications would be advantages.
Salary and Conditions of Service:
- Remuneration package will be driven by market competitiveness and individual performance.
- Excellent fringe benefits include gratuity, leave, medical and dental schemes, and relocation assistance (where applicable).
- Initial appointment will be made on a fixed-term contract.
Information and Application:
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: https://www.cityu.edu.hk/hro/en/job/current/academic.asp?ref=uac-c693
Mrs Tina Leung
Page Updated: 20-Jul-2021