LINGUIST List 32.2428
Tue Jul 20 2021
Jobs: Phonology: Assistant Professor, Université Laval
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Manuel Español-Echevarría <Manuel.Espanol-Echevarria
Phonology: Assistant Professor, Université Laval, Quebec, Canada E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Université Laval
Department: Langues, linguistique et traduction
Job Location: Quebec, Canada
Web Address: https://www.flsh.ulaval.ca/langues-linguistique-traduction
Job Title: Professor of Linguistics
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Phonology
Professor of Linguistics with Specialization in Phonology
Department of Languages, Linguistics and Translation
Start date: January 1, 2022
Application deadline: August 27, 2021
The Department of Languages, Linguistics and Translation of Laval University invites applications for a full-time tenure-track position for a Professor of Linguistics with a specialization in Phonology. A second area of specialization is requested.
- Teaching phonology and at least one other specialty at the undergraduate and graduate levels
- Advising and supervising graduate students
- Conducting research and scientific activities
- Taking part in activities at the department, faculty and university levels
- Ph.D. in Linguistics, consideration will be given to doctoral candidates
- Research program involving two or more areas of expertise
- Published research in peer-reviewed journals
- Teaching experience in linguistics at the university level
- Mastery of the French language, both spoken and written
Salary and conditions based on recognized experience with benefits in accordance with the Université Laval-SPUL collective agreement.
Valuing diversity, Université Laval subscribes to an equal access to employment program for women, members of visible or ethnic minorities, Aboriginal persons and persons with disabilities. In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to qualified individuals with Canadian citizenship or permanent residency.
The Application File Must Include:
- Cover letter. Please include in your letter one of the following statements: “I am a citizen/permanent resident of Canada” or “I am not a citizen/permanent resident of Canada”.
- A statement describing your teaching philosophy (1 page maximum)
- Teaching evaluations, if available
- A description of your research program (2 pages maximum)
- Two (2) representative publications
- Three (3) letters of recommendation sent directly by the respondents to the email addresses indicated below.
Application files and letters of recommendations must be addressed to Dr. Véronique Nguyên-Duy, Chair, Department of Languages, Linguistics and Translation. All documents should be sent via email before 4 p.m. (Eastern Time) on August 27, 2021, to direction
lli.ulaval.ca and CC to secretariat
lli.ulaval.ca. Incomplete files will not be considered.
For more information of the Department of Languages, Linguistics and Translation, see https://www.flsh.ulaval.ca/langues-linguistique-traduction
(in French only).
If you have any questions, please direct them to the contact information below.
Application Deadline: 27-Aug-2021
Email Address for Applications: direction
Professor Véronique Nguyên-Duy
Page Updated: 20-Jul-2021