LINGUIST List 32.2512
Thu Jul 29 2021
Support: Language Acquisition; Semantics: PhD, Rijksuniversiteit Groningen
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Jennifer Spenader <j.k.spenader
Language Acquisition; Semantics: PhD, Rijksuniversiteit Groningen, Netherlands E-mail this message to a friend
Department: Bernoulli Institute for Mathematics, Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence
Web Address: https://www.rug.nl/research/bernoulli/groups/cognitive-modeling/
Institution/Organization: Rijksuniversiteit Groningen
Specialty Areas: Language Acquisition; Semantics
The Cognitive Modelling Group of the Artificial Intelligence Department of the University of Groningen (The Netherlands) and the Linguistics Department at Macquarie University (Sydney, Australia) are looking for applicants for a four-year joint PhD position on a project on the L1 acquisition of plural and quantified noun phrases.
- A master's degree in linguistics (or related discipline) with an excellent academic record, with preference for candidates with a research master’s degree or a two-year Master’s degree with a major research component
- Proven research abilities and motivation
- Experience with theoretical semantics is desirable
- Experience working with human participants is a plus, in particular experience working with children
- Good academic writing skills and excellent command of English (either a minimum of five years of study in English one of the following countries: Australia, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, Republic of Ireland, United Kingdom or the United States of America) or an IELTS certificate demonstrating that you have achieved a minimum of 6.5 in all elements or an acceptable, demonstrable equivalent to this, prior to registration.
Please see full vacancy information at the application link provided below.
Web Address for Applications: https://www.rug.nl/phd-scholarships?details=00347-02S0008L8P
Dr. Jennifer Spenader
Page Updated: 29-Jul-2021