LINGUIST List 32.256
Tue Jan 19 2021
Jobs: English; General Linguistics: Lecturer, Chinese University of Hong Kong
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Yurika Ng <yurikang
English; General Linguistics: Lecturer, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong, China E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Chinese University of Hong Kong
Department: Department of Linguistics and Modern Languages
Job Location: Hong Kong, China, Hong Kong
Web Address: http://ling.cuhk.edu.hk/
Job Title: Senior Lecturer(s)/ Lecturer(s) - (2100001H)
Job Rank: Lecturer
Specialty Areas: General Linguistics
Required Language(s): English (eng)
Department/ Unit: Department of Linguistics and Modern Languages
Closing Date: February 28, 2021 (Hong Kong Time)
The Department of Linguistics and Modern Languages is a young and vibrant Department established in 2004, devoted to the study of language and mind, with strengths in theoretical linguistics, language acquisition, bilingualism, sign linguistics and neurolinguistics. It is inviting applications for lectureship in linguistics.
Applicants should have:
- A Master’s degree or above in linguistics (PhD degree is preferred); and
- At least ten years’ post-Master teaching experience (for Senior Lecturer rank) or at least four years’ post-Master teaching experience (for lecturer rank) in teaching courses in different areas of linguistics at the university level.
The appointees will:
- Teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses;
- Supervise research projects of undergraduate and MA students;
- Conduct seminars and talks;
- Assist in organizing departmental academic activities; and
- Undertake programme administrative duties.
Appointments will initially be made on a contract basis for up to two years commencing August 2021, renewable subject to performance, funding and mutual agreement.
Application Deadline: 28-Feb-2021
Web Address for Applications: https://cuhk.taleo.net/careersection/cu_career_teach/jobdetail.ftl?job=2100001H&tz=GMT%2B08%3A00&tzname=Asia%2FHong_Kong
Linguistics and Modern Languages
Page Updated: 19-Jan-2021