LINGUIST List 32.2594
Sat Aug 07 2021
Calls: English; Historical Linguistics/Seattle, USA
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
Colette Moore <cvmoore
Studies in the History of the English Language E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Studies in the History of the English Language
Short Title: SHEL-12
Date: 19-May-2022 - 21-May-2022
Location: University of Washington, Seattle, USA
Contact Person: Colette Moore
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: https://depts.washington.edu/shel12/
Linguistic Field(s): Historical Linguistics
Subject Language(s): English
Call Deadline: 01-Nov-2021
Biennial conference examining aspects of the history of the English language.
Call for Papers:
We invite abstracts and proposals for all linguistic approaches and methodological perspectives on HEL, and welcome presentations on all varieties of English and chronological periods of the language. We hope to have several threads/workshops included in the conference program:
* Historical English Sociolinguistics. Organizers: North American Research Network in Historical Sociolinguistics (NARNiHS) (NARNiHistSoc
* English and Empire. Organizers: David West Brown (dwb2
andrew.cmu.edu) and Taryn Hakala (taryn.hakala
* HEL and Writing Studies. Organizers: Chris C. Palmer (cpalme20
kennesaw.edu) and Amanda Sladek (sladekam
* Advocacy in HEL and HEL as Advocacy for the Humanities. Organizers: K. Aaron Smith (kasmit3
ilstu.edu) and Susan Kim (smkim2
* Teaching the Future of English: Pedagogy in the HEL Course. Organizers: Melinda Menzer (Melinda.Menzer
furman.edu) and Felicia Jean Steele (steele
Deadline for abstracts: Nov 1, 2021.
Submission procedure: Please submit proposals to SHEL12
uw.edu. Indicate A/V needs on the cover email.
* regular submissions (20 minute papers): please submit an abstract of no more than 1 page.
* threads: If you are interested in participating in one of the proposed threads above, please indicate that in your email. Please submit an abstract of no more than 1 page. Feel free to contact the session organizer in addition to submitting to the conference email. If you are interested in convening a workshop or thread of related papers, please contact the organizers as soon as possible to discuss a proposal.
We will provide information about accommodation, schedule, and registration on the conference website (https://depts.washington.edu/shel12/
). Please send questions to SHEL12
Page Updated: 07-Aug-2021