LINGUIST List 32.2637
Fri Aug 13 2021
Calls: Linguistic Theories, Morphology, Syntax, Text/Corpus Linguistics/Belgium
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
Torsten Leuschner <torsten.leuschner
Grammar and Corpora 2022 E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Grammar and Corpora 2022
Short Title: GaC 2022
Date: 30-Jun-2022 - 02-Jul-2022
Location: Ghent, Belgium
Contact Person: Torsten Leuschner
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: https://www.gac2022.ugent.be/
Linguistic Field(s): Linguistic Theories; Morphology; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics
Call Deadline: 30-Nov-2021
Ghent University Research Group on Linguistic Meaning & Structure (GLIMS) is pleased to announce the 9th international conference on Grammar and Corpora (GaC 2022), which will be held at Ghent University, Belgium, from Thursday, 30 June 2022, to Saturday, 2 July 2022.
The conference seeks to provide a forum for fruitful exchanges of ideas between researchers over topics and issues such as the creation and relative merits of different types of corpora, new annotation and parsing techniques, the use of advanced statistical methods and models, the triangulation of corpus data with methods from psycholinguistics and other neighbouring disciplines, the discourse-grammar interface, and more generally the impact of corpus linguistics on linguistic theory.
* Gert De Sutter (Ghent University, Belgium)
* Anke Lüdeling (Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Germany)
* Marieke Meelen (University of Cambridge, United Kingdom)
* Maria del Carmen Parafita Couto (Leiden University, the Netherlands)
* Florent Perek (University of Birmingham, United Kingdom)
* Sali Tagliamonte (University of Toronto, Canada)
Call for Papers:
Papers are invited that enhance our knowledge and understanding of individual languages through the use of corpus-linguistic methods in the description and theoretical analysis of the grammar of natural languages, and/or higlight the implications of corpus-linguistic work for our discipline at large. Focal areas of interest include, but are not limited to,
* the use of corpora in the description of grammatical patterns (including the discourse-grammar interface, grammatical aspects of code-switching etc.) from language-particular or contrastive/crosslinguistic perspectives
* tools, methods and techniques in the assembly, annotation and grammar-related analysis of corpora
* the characteristics and relative merits of (combinations of) different types of corpora in the study of grammatical patterns
* the use of statistical and quantitative methods and the triangulation of corpus-linguistic results with data from other (e.g. experimental) approaches
* the interaction of corpus linguistics with neighbouring disciplines such as computational linguistics, psycholinguistics, translation studies, etc.
* the identification and modelling of (different types of) grammatical variation using corpus methods and the link between synchronic variation and change-in-progress
* the use of advanced corpus-linguistic and statistical methods in historical linguistics
* the impact of corpus linguistics on our understanding of grammar, language change and the foundational concepts of linguistics at large
We welcome abstracts for 20-minute oral presentations (plus 10 minutes for discussion). Abstracts should be fully anonymous and clearly state the research question(s), approach, method, data, and (expected) results. They should not exceed 500 words, excluding data, figures, and references, and must be submitted through EasyChair at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=gc2022
by November 30th, 2021. All submissions will be reviewed anonymously by at least two reviewers of the programme committee.
Each individual may submit up to two abstracts: one as sole or first author, one as second author. The conference language is English.
30 November 2021: deadline for abstract submission
15 March 2022: notification of acceptance/rejection, registration opens
30 April 2022: early-bird registration closes
30 June - 2 July 2022: conference
Page Updated: 13-Aug-2021