LINGUIST List 32.2661
Tue Aug 17 2021
Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Research Scientist, Workhuman
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Lauren Van Duyn <lauren.vanduyn
Computational Linguistics: Research Scientist, Workhuman, Remote, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Workhuman
Job Location: , ---------------- (Telecommute)
Job Title: Research Scientist
Job Rank: Researcher
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Are you interested in changing the world of work? We’re building a world-class analytics team to apply data science to the soft side of how work gets done. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!
Workhuman is seeking a Machine Learning Scientist(Natural Language Processing) to join our Workhuman iQ team as a Machine Learning domain expert. This role is responsible for developing Machine Learning algorithms that can tackle NLP problems such as text classification, semantic tagging, information extraction, and text summarization. The person will work with NLP experts, Data Scientists and engineering teams to build products that uncover insights hidden in recognition moments across dozens of countries for our customers, the industry and our company.
The projects that our team work on are built from the ground up and we look for individuals who want to take ownership and implement solutions independently and thrive in a collaborative environment. Your work will be project-oriented, and you will often be responsible for bringing together the needs of data scientists, engineering team, product managers and other internal customers to provide viable solutions and communicating your thoughts effectively.
This position will report to the NLP Manager.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Develop machine learning and deep learning algorithms that can be applied to a wide range of NLP problems including text classification, semantic tagging, information extraction, text summarization, etc.
- Research, design, develop, and evaluate first-of-kind solutions to solving NLP problems in social recognition domain including social bias analysis, emotion detection, and other social recognition patterns to inform business insights and improve social recognition product
- Research cutting-edge technologies, develop innovative solutions, and build proof-of-concept prototypes that establish overall system performance
- Participate in cross-functional teams to contribute to product development and innovation roadmaps
- Partner and collaborate with partners and customers to understand business needs, share insights and validated practices
- Lead the group discussions on the latest machine learning methods for addressing challenges and issues team-wise
- Provide mentorship to junior Data Scientists
- Help build and lead collaborative relationships with external academic partners and the scientific community.
- Investigate and explore the latest deep learning tool kits and frameworks
Required skills and experience:
- PhD in computer science, data science, machine learning or related field
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience building and deploying Machine Learning and Deep learning models
- Demonstrated Deep Learning and Machine Learning experience with NLP expertise through scientific publications and/or successful product development.
- Python programming experience required
- Experience with state-of-art machine learning framework such as: Tensorflow, Pytorch, Pandas, Scikit-learn, Keras, etc.
- Experience with applying NLP to computational science is a strong plus.
- Experience with information extraction from social media data is a strong plus.
- Practical knowledge of data processing needs and trade-offs
- Comfortable handling a high volume of work daily
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Willingness to support several projects at one time, and to accept reprioritization as necessary
- Experience with process design
Please submit your application via the link below.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: https://workhuman.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WorkhumanCareers/job/Workhuman-USA--HQ-1/Machine-Learning-Scientist_R395
Lauren Van Duyn
Page Updated: 17-Aug-2021