LINGUIST List 32.2733
Mon Aug 23 2021
Internships: Pragmatics; Annotation: Annotator Intern, Workhuman, USA
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Lauren Van Duyn <lauren.vanduyn
Pragmatics; Annotation: Annotator Intern, Workhuman, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Workhuman
Department: Workhuman IQ
Type of Work: Annotation
Linguistic Field(s): Pragmatics
Minimum Education Level: BA
Are you interested in changing the world of work? We’re building a world-class analytics team to apply data science to the soft side of how work gets done. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!
Workhuman is seeking an Annotator Intern to join our Workhuman iQ team as a domain expert. This role focuses on analyzing unstructured data for over 37 million workplace recognition moments. This person is expected to become an expert in uncovering insights hidden in recognition moments across dozens of countries for our customers, the industry and our company.
You will apply cutting-edge NLP approaches to an enormous variety of problems across several industries. For example, you will build NLP models to accomplish outcomes such as rating sentiment, uncovering hidden bias, identify meaning behind recognition moments, and identify semantic patterns that lead to workplace outcomes (e.g., reduced turnover, increased productivity, etc).
Your work will be project-oriented, and you will often be responsible for the data findings and interpretation of results and transferring capabilities to colleagues, clients and internal product teams. You will constructively discuss your findings while always looking for the best solution.
This position will report to the NLP Manager.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Annotate natural language English data with predefined sentiment, topics taxonomy and actionable categories
- Contribute to continuous improvement of the data annotation process
- Contribute to the language resources development including lexicons and language patterns
- Helping with annotation guideline review and update
- Helping with sample data review for various NLP tasks
- Helping with quality checking on the outputs of NLP models
Required skills and experience:
- College student or fresh graduate with 1-2 years professional experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft spreadsheets and willingness to learn and use in-house annotation tools
- Attention to details
- Able to maintain annotation consistency
- Previous experience with natural language annotation tasks
- Background in linguistics or language-related major is preferred
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
Web Address for Applications: https://workhuman.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WorkhumanCareers/job/Framingham-MA/Annotator-Intern_R688
Lauren Van Duyn
Page Updated: 23-Aug-2021