LINGUIST List 32.2832
Sun Sep 05 2021
Calls: Applied Linguistics, Discourse Analysis, Pragmatics, Text/Corpus Linguistics, Translation/Slovenia
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
Sarolta Godnic Vicic <sarolta.godnic
Foreign Languages and Tourism E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Foreign Languages and Tourism
Short Title: FL+T 2021
Date: 12-Nov-2021 - 13-Nov-2021
Location: University of Primorska, Faculty of Tourism Studies - Turistica, Slovenia
Contact Person: Sarolta Godnic Vicic
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://blog.turistica.si/foreign-languages-and-tourism/
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Discourse Analysis; Pragmatics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Translation
Subject Language(s): English; German; Italian
Call Deadline: 08-Sep-2021
5th International Conference
Foreign Languages and Tourism
12-13 November, 2021 – Online Conference
The Foreign Languages and Tourism online conference is jointly organized by the University of Primorska (Slovenia), the University of Rijeka and the University of Zadar (Croatia), and the University of Applied Sciences Burgenland (Austria) and it aims to bring together teachers and researchers of languages for tourism and tourism discourse, and open up space for dialogue with colleagues, exchange of research findings and teaching practices and discussions of the future of our discipline and its contribution to the world around us.
Keynote Speaker: Stefania M. Maci, University of Bergamo, Italy.
2nd Call for Papers:
We invite contributions on the following conference topics:
- Languages for tourism and curriculum design,
- Languages for tourism and language skills (speaking, writing, reading, listening, vocabulary),
- Languages for tourism and assessment,
- Languages for tourism and materials design,
- Online/Blended learning and teaching of languages for tourism,
- Academic languages for tourism studies,
- Tourism genres and teaching/learning languages for tourism,
- Interdisciplinary teaching of languages for tourism,
- Intercultural pragmatics in tourism settings,
- Translation and interpretation in tourism,
- Other topics concerning languages for tourism.
The conference has three working languages: English, German and Italian. Submissions are limited to one contribution per author/co-author.
Extended deadline for submission of abstracts: 8 September, 2021
Maximum abstract length: 300 words
Notifications of abstract acceptance: 27 September, 2021
Submit your abstract here: https://1ka.arnes.si/a/18349
Participation at the online conference will be free of charge.
For further information please visit http://blog.turistica.si/foreign-languages-and-tourism/
or write to foreign.languages.and.tourism[at]gmail.com.
Page Updated: 05-Sep-2021