LINGUIST List 32.2905
Sun Sep 12 2021
Calls: Arabic, Standard; Disc Analysis, Gen Ling, Historical Ling, Lang Acquisition, Psycholing/USA
Editor for this issue: Everett Green <everettlinguistlist.org>
Ahmad Alqassas <asal35georgetown
35th Annual Symposium on Arabic Linguistics E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 35th Annual Symposium on Arabic Linguistics
Date: 25-Mar-2022 - 27-Mar-2022
Location: Washington, D.C, USA
Contact Person: AHMAD ALQASSAS
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: https://arabic.georgetown.edu/call-for-papers/
Linguistic Field(s): Discourse Analysis; General Linguistics; Historical Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Psycholinguistics
Subject Language(s): Arabic, Standard
Call Deadline: 01-Nov-2021
The Arabic Linguistics Society together with the Georgetown University’s Department of Arabic and Islamic Studies are pleased to announce the 35th Annual Symposium on Arabic Linguistics to be held at Georgetown University in Washington, D.C., on March 25-March 27, 2022.
2nd Call for Papers:
Title: 35th Annual Symposium on Arabic Linguistics
Location: Georgetown University in Washington, D.C.
Meeting Email: asal35georgetown
Papers are invited on topics that deal with theoretical and experimental issues in Arabic Linguistics. Research in the following areas of Arabic linguistics is encouraged: linguistic analysis (phonology, morphology, syntax, semantics, and pragmatics), sociolinguistics, psycholinguistics, discourse analysis, historical linguistics, corpus linguistics, language acquisition, and computational linguistics.
- Ellen Broselow, Stony Brook University
- Peter Hallman, Austrian Research Institute
- Fawwaz Al-Abed Al-Haq, Hashemite University
- Reem Khamis-Dakwar, Adelphi University
- Persons interested in presenting papers are requested to prepare an abstract, following the guidelines at this link: http://arabic-linguistics-society.uwm.edu/annual-symposia-on-arabic-linguistics/guidelines-for-writing-abstracts/
- Please note that abstracts submitted must be written in English. Abstracts written in any other language will be rejected. Please also note that abstracts submitted by e-mail will not be accepted.
- To submit to your abstract, please use the EasyAbstract link: http://linguistlist.org/easyabs/asal35GU
- Please fill in all the relevant fields on the submission page and upload a .pdf file of your abstract. You will receive an e-mail afterwards indicating that your abstract has been successfully submitted. Should you face any problem submitting your abstract via the above link, please contact the conference organizers at asal35georgetown
- Twenty minutes will be allowed for each presentation followed by 10 minutes for questions and discussion.
- Selected papers from the symposium may be considered for publication.
There will be at least three best student abstract awards; $300 each.
Page Updated: 12-Sep-2021