LINGUIST List 32.3040
Tue Sep 28 2021
Jobs: Japanese; Computational Linguistics: Japanese Language Engineer, Amazon
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Yuki Preston <ynagumop
Japanese; Computational Linguistics: Japanese Language Engineer, Amazon, Cambridge, MA, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Amazon
Job Location: Massachusetts, USA
Job Title: Japanese Language Engineer
Job Rank: Language Engineer; Other
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Required Language(s): Japanese (jpn)
Interested in Alexa? Amazon is seeking a Language Engineer with strong analytical skills and language technology experience to help us develop language components for a variety of Alexa products.
We are looking someone to join our Japanese team with experience in linguistic annotation, ontologies, taxonomies and/or semantic schemas. In this role, you will be a key member in new feature development and identify and solve issues directly affecting the customer experience by becoming an expert in annotation schemas and natural language understanding.
As a Language Engineer at Amazon, you will:
- Develop NLP components: write rules, build grammars/FSTs, create annotation systems or mappings for the target language
- Contribute to the design of new features by extending existing annotation schemas to cover new areas in the target language
- Use modeling tools to bootstrap and test new functionalities
- Analyze system performance and identify areas for improvement
- Collaborate with other Language Engineers and Data Linguists teams in data collection and development efforts
Please submit your resume via the application link below by clicking "Apply Now".
Application Deadline: 30-Apr-2022 (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: https://amazon.jobs/en/internal/jobs/1340051/language-engineer
Page Updated: 28-Sep-2021