LINGUIST List 32.306
Mon Jan 25 2021
Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics: Assistant Professor, Ghent University
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Stef Slembrouck <Stef.Slembrouck
English; Applied Linguistics: Assistant Professor, Ghent University, Flanders, Belgium E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Ghent University
Job Location: Flanders, Belgium
Web Address: https://www.ugent.be/lw/taalkunde/en
Job Title: Professor in English Linguistics and Language Proficiency
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; ESL
Required Language(s): English (eng)
- You teach various course units in English Linguistics and English Language Proficiency.
- You coordinate the learning trajectory in English language proficiency.
- You conduct research in English Linguistics and English Language Proficiency (more specifically with reference to EFL, ESL and EAP)
- You take part in the internal and external service provision of the Department of Linguistics and the English section
- You have already conducted eminent academic research in the field of appointment (more specifically with reference to EFL, ESL, EAP), as is clearly reflected in publications in high-quality academic journals and peer-reviewed books;
- You are capable of initiating and supervising academic research and acquiring the necessary funding for this;
- You are didactically skilled to teach university students to develop their academic competencies;
- Experience with teaching EFL, ESL, EAP
- Experience with teaching English language history and a thematic overview of English linguistics
- Experience in teaching large groups using learner activating methods
- International mobility, among other things, research stays at institutions other than the one where you obtained your highest academic degree;
- Positively evaluated experience as a lecturer of academic subjects and/or coordinating academic teaching;
- Professional development of teaching practice.
- Your work is quality-oriented;
- You take initiative;
- You are able to coordinate a team and function in a team environment.
- You hold a thesis-based doctorate or a diploma or certificate that is recognised as equivalent (article V.20 Codex Higher Education).
- You have at least two years of postdoctoral experience on 1 September 2021 (counted from the date on doctoral diploma).
Online applications only. To apply, please visit the application link provided below.
Application Deadline: 18-Feb-2021
Web Address for Applications: https://tinyurl.com/y2vj9sgr
Prof Stef Slembrouck
Page Updated: 25-Jan-2021