LINGUIST List 32.3227
Wed Oct 13 2021
Jobs: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Senior Linguistic Project Manager, Appen
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Lance Marvin Coching <lcoching
Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics: Senior Linguistic Project Manager, Appen, Remote E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Appen
Job Location: , ---------------- (Telecommute)
Web Address: https://appen.com/
Job Title: Senior Linguistic Project Manager
Job Rank: Manager
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; NLP/NLU text annotation
The main responsibility of a Senior Linguistic Project Manager is to manage projects for Appen’s clients. The Linguistic Project Manager applies their knowledge of linguistic phenomena, their technical skills and their attention to detail to manage projects to quality expectations, timelines, and budget.
The role includes but is not limited to the following duties and responsibilities:
- Autonomously plan and manage projects to quality, time and budget to ensure effective project execution and delivery
- Onboard and train a virtual team of consultants to create, evaluate or annotate linguistic data in multiple languages
- Prepare guidelines, training materials and tools, aligned to client specifications.
- Oversee the work of consultants, including task assignment, scheduling and monitoring
- Document and manage language resources arising from projects
- Manage client relationships through customer service and regular reporting (as required)
- Provide regular project status reporting and in-depth analysis when required
- Build strong client relationships to increase client satisfaction and revenue
- Drive continuous project improvements and efficiencies
- Communicate, with all stakeholders, in a timely, clear, and concise manner across multiple time zones
- Manage risks and issues and undertake recovery actions as necessary
- Prepare and implement project plans, prepare reports and project-related materials
- Participate in the training and mentoring of new and existing Appen staff
- Participate in program improvements, initiatives, and committee work as assigned
- Actively participate in WBR, MBR & some QBR meetings to establish and grow client relationships
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced degree in a relevant field, or 3+ years' industry experience
- Project management experience (3-5 years), preferably in a language, linguistics, or software--related field
- Solid understanding of linguistic concepts and terminology
- Strong technical and data management skills
- NLP/NLU text annotation experience
You will succeed in this role if you are:
- A motivated self-starter who can establish a course of action for self and others and drive initiatives to completion
- Able to deal calmly and professionally with ambiguous data while leading in an environment of constant change
- Able to establish productive, cooperative relationships and demonstrate excellent conflict resolution skills
- Excellent at communication, including an ability to present information clearly and concisely in writing or verbally
- Take personal responsibility for continuous learning
- An analytical thinker with ability to proactively identify problems, gather information and set course of action
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please apply via the application link below.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: https://talent-appen.icims.com/jobs/5498/senior-linguistic-project-manager%2c-enterprise-delivery/job?
Senior Recruiter Babette Miller
Page Updated: 13-Oct-2021