LINGUIST List 32.324
Tue Jan 26 2021
Support: German; Syntax; Morphology: PhD, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Agnes Jäger <agnes.jaeger
German; Syntax; Morphology: PhD, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Germany E-mail this message to a friend
Department: Institute of German Linguistics
Web Address: https://www.gw.uni-jena.de/germanistische_sprachwissenschaft
Institution/Organization: Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena
Specialty Areas: Morphology; Syntax
Required Language(s): German (deu)
The Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Institute of German Linguistics invites applications for a PhD position (m/f/d) to be filled by 01/04/2021. As a member of the team working on language change and variation you will be involved in dialectal research, focussing on the syntax and morphology of German -notably Thuringian- dialects.
- Conducting dialectological research in collaboration with the team working on language change and variation and the “Arbeitsstelle Thüringische Dialektforschung” including morphosyntactic investigations of dialect questionnaires from the archives of the Thuringian dictionary
- Supporting the preparation of a project proposal on the syntax and morphology of Thuringian dialects
- Teaching (2 hrs/week) in the area of language change and variation (introductory courses on German historical linguistics, advanced courses on dialectology)
- Pursuing further academic qualifications, in particular a doctoral dissertation, preferably on German dialectal syntax/morphology
- Master’s degree in German Linguistics, Linguistics or related fields
- Advanced knowledge in syntax, morphology, dialectology and language history of German, preferably Master’s thesis in one of these areas
- Experience in dialectological research as a student assistant, in your Master’s project etc. is an advantage
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, independent and highly organized manner
- An open, motivated research team with national and international collaborations
- Participation in diverse empirical and theoretical research at a modern and at the same time traditional university
- Opportunity to help shape and further develop dialectological research at the University of Jena in collaboration with the team working on language change and variation and the “Arbeitsstelle Thüringische Dialektforschung”
- A Graduate Academy for doctoral candidates and postdocs
- Remuneration based on the provisions of the Collective Agreement for the Public Sector of the Federal States (TV-L) at salary scale 13 — depending on the candidate’s personal qualifications —, including a special annual payment in accordance with the collective agreement.
The position is limited to a period of 3 years with the option of extension. It is a part-time position with 50% of working hours of a full-time employee (20 hrs/week).
Candidates with severe disabilities will be given preference in the case of equal qualifications and suitability.
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Agnes Jäger at the e-mail address given below, or consult our website at the application link provided below.
Applications should include:
- Motivation letter (maximum 2 pages)
- Scans of degree certificates
- Two work samples (e.g. MA thesis or term paper)
Please send applications by email (as one PDF file) to Prof. Dr. Agnes Jäger at the contact information given below by 14/02/2021 (vacancy-ID 31/2021).
Email Address for Applications: agnes.jaeger
Applications Deadline: 14-Feb-2021
Web Address for Applications: https://tinyurl.com/y4a2cygn
Prof. Dr. Agnes Jäger
Institut für Germanistische Sprachwissenschaft
Page Updated: 28-Jan-2021