LINGUIST List 32.3301
Wed Oct 20 2021
Support: English; Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Sociolinguistics: PhD, Chinese University of Hong Kong
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Jookyoung Jung <jookyoungjung
English; Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Sociolinguistics: PhD, Chinese University of Hong Kong E-mail this message to a friend
Department: Department of English
Web Address: http://www.eng.cuhk.edu.hk/
Institution/Organization: Chinese University of Hong Kong
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Sociolinguistics
Second Language Acquisition, Digital literacy, World Englishes
Required Language(s): English (eng)
The Department of English at The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) boasts an outstanding faculty who are internationally recognized for their work in the areas of Applied English Linguistics and English Literary Studies. The Department of English at CUHK is currently seeking outstanding postgraduate students with research interests that complement those of the faculty.
- For Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS):
Successful applicants will receive an annual stipend of HK$322,800 (approximately US$41,400) and a conference and research-related travel allowance of HK$13,500 (approximately US$1,730) per year for a period up to three years. In addition, CUHK Vice-Chancellor HKPFS Scholarship offers awardees a tuition fee waiver for their first year of study.
For details: https://cerg1.ugc.edu.hk/hkpfs/index.html
For application: http://cerg1.ugc.edu.hk/hkpfs/apply.html#deadline
- For General Admission Research Post-Graduate Studentships (MPhil/PhD):
The current monthly stipend for a Postgraduate Studentship is HK$18,025 (approximately US$2310) per month for both MPhil and PhD students.
For details: http://www.eng.cuhk.edu.hk/
For application: https://www.gs.cuhk.edu.hk/admissions/
- A Master's degree in linguistics, applied linguistics, English, or language-related fields of study awarded by a recognized university, along with a high GPA.
- A 1,500-word research proposal and/or sample research paper(s) that demonstrate the applicant's research abilities and potential.
- For non-native English speakers applying from non-English speaking universities, an IELTS or iBT score within 2 years (exempted for English native applicants or those applying from English-speaking universities).
- Research experiences such as conference presentations, journal publications, etc.
- Professional experiences in a relevant field such as working in a research team, teaching English as a second language, etc.
Web Address for Applications: http://cerg1.ugc.edu.hk/hkpfs/apply.html#deadline
Professor Jookyoung Jung
Page Updated: 20-Oct-2021