LINGUIST List 32.3311
Thu Oct 21 2021
Calls: General Linguistics / Babel: The Language Magazine (Jrnl)
Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinsonlinguistlist.org>
Matthew Evans <m.b.evans
General Linguistics / Babel: The Language Magazine (Jrnl) E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Babel: The Language Magazine
Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics
Call for Papers:
Babel is a popular magazine that covers languages and linguistics for a non-specialist readership. New issues are published in February, May, August and November of each year.
We are currently seeking contributions for our 2022 issues. We publish articles on all linguistic disciplines and topics, the only requirement being that they make current linguistic research accessible and interesting to our readers. Articles are between 1,500 to 3,500 words in length.
We are also seeking contributions for our regular features:
- Ask a Linguist – a linguist answers a question from a Babel reader (500 words).
- Languages of the World – a profile of an obscure or interesting language (around 1,000 words).
- Linguistic Horizons – a profile of an early-career researcher (1,000 words).
- Linguists at the Movies – a linguist reviews a linguistics-related film (1,000 words).
- Lives in Language – a profile of an important (deceased!) linguist (around 1,000 words).
- Meet the Professionals – an interview with someone in a linguistics-related career (around 1,000 words).
- Pull-out poster – a visual guide to a topic or issue in linguistics, with 1,000 words of explanation and discussion of problems (e.g. mapping of the world’s languages).
Please get in touch for contributor’s guidelines and example articles, or to run an idea past our editors – babelthelanguagemagazine
Page Updated: 21-Oct-2021