LINGUIST List 32.3323
Fri Oct 22 2021
Jobs: French; Translation: Assistant Professor in Translation (English/French), Université de Montréal
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Mireille Tremblay <mireille.tremblay.4
French; Translation: Assistant Professor in Translation (English/French), Université de Montréal, Québec, Canada E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Université de Montréal
Department: Linguistics and translation
Job Location: Montréal, Québec, Canada
Web Address: https://ling-trad.umontreal.ca
Job Title: Assistant Professor in Translation (English/French)
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Translation; translation revision and post-editing
Required Language(s): French (fra)
The Department of Linguistics and Translation invites applications for the full-time, tenure-track position of Assistant Professor in Translation (English/French), with specialization in translation revision and post-editing.
The appointed candidate will be expected to teach undergraduate and graduate courses, supervise graduate students, be active in research, publishing, and the diffusion of knowledge, and contribute to the activities of the University.
The successful candidate will contribute to the Department’s programs in general and specialized translation (English/French) by training language specialists in general translation, translation revision and postediting; teaching requirements will also include French/English writing and self-editing courses.
The appointed candidate will be expected to conduct and supervise research on theoretical, methodological, or formal questions in Translation studies, dealing more specifically with issues such as translation revision and post-editing, writing and self-editing for translation, computer-aided translation, or the human-machine interface in the context of translation.
- Ph. D in Translation Studies or a related discipline (Candidates completing dissertation will also be considered);
- Strong research record in the field;
- Demonstrated ability to provide high-quality university teaching;
- Demonstrated research interests in translation revision, post-editing, or translation technologies;
- Mastery of the French language, both spoken and written;
- Membership in the Ordre des Traducteurs, Terminologues et Interprètes Agréés du Québec (OTTIAQ) or other recognized professional association will be considered an asset.
Please apply via the application email below. The application file should contain the following documents:
- a cover letter; application must include in the cover letter one of the following statements: “I am a citizen/ permanent resident of Canada.” or “I am not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada.”
- your curriculum vitae;
- recent publications or research papers;
- your teaching philosophy (maximum one page);
- a presentation of your research program (maximum two pages);
- Three letters of recommendation to be sent directly
Application Deadline: 15-Dec-2021
Email Address for Applications: direction
Professor Mireille Tremblay
Page Updated: 22-Oct-2021