LINGUIST List 32.3439
Mon Nov 01 2021
Jobs: French; Applied Linguistics: Teaching Assistant Professor of French/ Coord. of the Basic French Lang. Program, West Virginia University
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Mison Beondy-Dean <mison.beondy
French; Applied Linguistics: Teaching Assistant Professor of French/ Coord. of the Basic French Lang. Program, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: West Virginia University
Department: Department of World Languages, Literatures, and Linguistics
Job Location: West Virginia, USA
Web Address: https://worldlanguages.wvu.edu/
Job Title: Teaching Assistant Professor of French/ Coord. of the Basic French Lang. Program
Job Rank: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics
Required Language(s): French (fra)
The Department of World Languages, Literatures, & Linguistics at West Virginia University (https://worldlanguages.wvu.edu/
) invites applications for a Teaching Assistant Professor of French and Coordinator of the basic French language program beginning August 2022. This is a nine-month, full-time, position with full benefits. The position is also eligible for promotion. Teaching Assistant Professor appointments have renewable terms of up to three years, with no limit on the number of terms.
The successful candidate must have a Ph.D. or equivalent degree by time of appointment in French; Francophone Studies; Second Language Studies/Acquisition with experience in French; Applied Linguistics with experience in French; Romance Languages with experience in French; Language Pedagogy with experience in French, or a closely related field, by the time of appointment. The successful candidate will:
- teach undergraduate French language and content classes with the potential to teach courses in other areas depending on background and departmental need; WLLL is particularly interested in candidates who can also teach applied courses;
- coordinate lower-level French language classes, graduate teaching assistants, and other instructional staff;
- demonstrate excellence in university-level teaching;
- demonstrate abilities in program development and coordination;
- possess excellent written and spoken communication skills in both French and English. The teaching load is four courses per semester with one course per academic year equivalency for coordinating the French Program.
WVU is a R1 research land grant university located within 90 minutes of Pittsburgh and 3.5 hours from the Washington/Baltimore area. Morgantown has been recognized as one of the most livable small cities in the U.S. There are extensive recreational opportunities, excellent public schools, and a supportive University environment in which to develop a visible and productive career. The WVU Dual Career Program is available to assist candidates with suitable employment opportunities for spouses or partners.
WVU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The university values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, and veterans.
To apply, please visit the application link below and navigate to the position title listed above. Upload the following documents:
- a letter of application outlining your interest in, and qualifications for, the position;
- your curriculum vitae;
- a teaching and mentoring philosophy (provide one copy in French and one copy in English);
- syllabus of one class that is representative of teaching experience; and
- graduate(s) transcript (unofficial is acceptable).
In addition, have at least three professional recommendation letters sent to WLLLSearch
mail.wvu.edu. Additional materials might be requested of finalists. The screening process will begin January 3, 2022 and continue until the position is filled.
Application Deadline: 03-Jan-2022
Web Address for Applications: https://careers.wvu.edu
Dr. Pablo Garcia
Page Updated: 01-Nov-2021