LINGUIST List 32.3446
Tue Nov 02 2021
Jobs: Spanish; Computational Linguistics: Data Scientist-Spanish Language, Kasisto Inc
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Raymond Hoffman <ray
Spanish; Computational Linguistics: Data Scientist-Spanish Language, Kasisto Inc, New York, NY, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Kasisto Inc
Department: Platform Engineering
Job Location: New York, USA
Web Address: https://kasisto.com/
Job Title: Data Scientist-Spanish Language
Job Rank: Scientist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
Required Language(s): Spanish (spa)
Spanish Data Scientist – New York, NY
Humanizing Digital Experiences®
Kasisto’s Digital Experience Platform, KAI, is designed for financial institutions to deliver the industry’s most amazing Conversational AI powered intelligent virtual assistants to their customers. KAI is open and extensible, and also fluent in the language of banking and finance. From simple retail transactions to the complex demands of corporate banks and wealth management, financial institutions can deliver meaningful digital interactions with KAI that help build their digital brand.
Financial institutions around the world use KAI, including DBS Bank, J.P. Morgan, Absa, Standard Chartered, TD Bank, and Manulife Bank among others. They chose KAI for its proven track record to drive business results while improving customer experiences. The platform is used by millions of consumers around the world, all the time, across multiple channels, in different languages, and is optimized for performance, scalability, security, and compliance.
We are looking to hire a data scientist with native or near-native fluency in Spanish to help develop a Spanish language version of our conversational AI application in the consumer banking domain. An ideal candidate will have a strong background in Linguistics and data science / statistics as well as some programming experience. Familiarity with Natural Language Processing (NLP) concepts and tools is a plus.
Working on a cutting-edge technology platform, this position will require a high degree of thought and creativity. The applicant should have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a multicultural, creative, and deadline-driven team environment. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to grow professionally within a fast-moving tech startup.
What you will be doing:
- Working together with software developers, QA engineers, NLP engineers, project managers, and product owners to develop a Spanish language conversational AI application for the consumer banking domain
- Translating linguistic data (utterances used for model training and system responses) from English into Spanish, both manually and using machine translation software
- Developing linguistic resources (normalizers, grammars, entity lists, etc.) required for localization of the conversational AI application to Spanish
- Using a robust Natural Language Understanding (NLU) pipeline to train Spanish models for intent classification and slot filling
- Conducting experiments to evaluate NLU performance and creating test of functional completeness for the conversational AI application
- Preparing annotation guidelines for Spanish language utterances from a conversation AI application
What you need for this position:
- Native or near-native fluency in Spanish
- Educational background in Linguistics, Data Science, Computational Linguistics, or similar field
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- 1+ years experience programming in Python or Java is preferred
- Experience with natural language / speech processing, machine learning, artificial intelligence, or conversational agents a plus
Location – New York City, Flatiron District
This position is a contractor position with a 6-month term. Options for extending the position will be considered based on job performance and business demands.
We welcome your cover letter with a description of your previous experience and your resume. Applicants must be authorized to work in the US. To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to the application email address below.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: ray
Director of Talent Acquisition Ray Hoffman
Page Updated: 02-Nov-2021