LINGUIST List 32.3492
Thu Nov 04 2021
Jobs: Sociolinguistics: Teaching Fellow in Sociolinguistics, The University of Edinburgh
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Alice Turk <a.turk
Sociolinguistics: Teaching Fellow in Sociolinguistics, The University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, United Kingdom E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: The University of Edinburgh
Department: Linguistics & English Language
Job Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Web Address: https://www.ed.ac.uk/ppls/linguistics-and-english-language
Job Title: Teaching Fellow in Sociolinguistics
Job Rank: Instructor
Specialty Areas: Sociolinguistics
The School of Philosophy, Psychology and Language Sciences (PPLS) is seeking to appoint a full-time teaching fellow for a fixed-term period of 12 months within its Linguistics and English Language department. This post is expected to commence in January 2022. The Teaching Fellow will contribute to preparing, teaching, assessing, and supervising at undergraduate and postgraduate levels in Linguistics and English Language, in the area of Sociolinguistics, and will participate in the intellectual environment of the School.
Your skills and attributes for success:
- A postgraduate degree in Linguistics/English Language or closely cognate field with relevant post-graduate research and/or teaching experience in Sociolinguistics, normally a PhD or equivalent (pending /assumed complete at time of application can be considered).
- Postgraduate research experience in Sociolinguistics with evidence of outstanding potential.
- Experience with undergraduate and/or postgraduate supervision.
- Experience in design and delivery of effective undergraduate and postgraduate university teaching.
- Excellent time management, problem solving and organisation skills.
For more information and to apply, please visit the application link below.
Application Deadline: 17-Nov-2021
Web Address for Applications: https://elxw.fa.em3.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1001/job/2521/?utm_medium=jobshare
Prof. Alice Turk
Page Updated: 04-Nov-2021