LINGUIST List 32.3552
Tue Nov 09 2021
Jobs: Danish; Finnish; Swedish; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology: Linguist, TELUS International
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Tyyne N <jobs.ai
Danish; Finnish; Swedish; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology: Linguist, TELUS International, Barcelona, Spain E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: TELUS International
Job Location: Barcelona, Spain
Web Address: https://www.telusinternational.com/
Job Title: Linguist
Job Rank: Consultant
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Phonetics; Phonology
Required Language(s): Danish (dan) Finnish (fin) Swedish (swe)
TELUS International is looking for a highly motivated Linguist to join our team in Barcelona, Spain!
Our ideal candidate has experience and passion for working with speech data and the ability to help create, categorize, audit and improve speech lexicons and language models.
- Create phonetic transcriptions for speech dictionaries.
- Update and correct existing transcriptions.
- Create data for language model.
- Review tests and identify fixes.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Native locale Finnish, Danish or Swedish Sweden, other language skills are a plus.
- University level degree (prefer Masters) in Linguistics or Computational Linguistics (or equivalent experience).
- Excellent knowledge of structural aspects of the language, in particular phonology and phonetics.
- Ability to phonetically transcribe speech audio accurately as well as verify the accuracy of existing phonetic transcriptions.
- Solid understanding of conventional phonetic notation such as IPA, SAMPA or CMU.
- Experience with basic programming techniques: comfortable with Mac/Linux tools such as Bash and Grep, knowledge of a mainstream programming language, such as Python, Java, C/C++ is a plus.
- Experience with one or more version control systems with a preference for Git is a plus.
- Up-to-date exposure to popular native culture.
- Good organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to manage priorities.
For more information and to apply, please visit the application link below.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: https://telusinternational.avature.net/en_US/careers/Pipelinedetails?pipelineId=24519&source=LinguistList
Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist Tyyne N
Page Updated: 09-Nov-2021