LINGUIST List 32.3578
Thu Nov 11 2021
Jobs: Translation: Associate Professor/Assistant Professor, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Miranda WM Lui <miranda.lui
Translation: Associate Professor/Assistant Professor, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, Hong Kong E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: The Chinese University of Hong Kong
Job Location: Shatin, Hong Kong
Web Address: http://traserver.tra.cuhk.edu.hk/en/
Job Title: Associate Professor/Assistant Professor
Job Rank: Asst/Assoc Professor
Specialty Areas: Translation
- possess a relevant PhD degree in translation or other related fields;
- specialize in one or more of the following areas: comparative linguistics, interpreting studies, digital humanities (including corpus-based studies), translation theory and practical translation (including translation project supervision); and preferably
- have relevant teaching experience and professional qualification(s). Priority consideration will be given to those with publications both of a scholarly nature and of actual translation.
The appointees will:
- teach undergraduate and/or postgraduate courses in the area(s) named above;
- supervise research postgraduate students;
- develop and participate in independent and/or collaborative research projects; and
- undertake administrative duties.
Appointments will normally be made on contract basis for up to three years initially commencing August 2022, which, subject to mutual agreement, may lead to longer-term appointment or substantiation later.
For more information and to apply, please visit the application link below.
Application Deadline: 31-Jan-2022
Web Address for Applications: https://cuhk.taleo.net/careersection/cu_career_teach/jobdetail.ftl?job=210002G0&tz=GMT%2B08%3A00&tzname=Asia%2FHong_Kong
Executive Officer Rosaline Chan
Page Updated: 11-Nov-2021