LINGUIST List 32.3590
Fri Nov 12 2021
Calls: Applied Linguistics / Journal of Second Language Writing (Jrnl)
Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinsonlinguistlist.org>
Rachel Conway <r.conway
Applied Linguistics / Journal of Second Language Writing (Jrnl) E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Journal of Second Language Writing
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics
Call Deadline: 01-Mar-2022
Call for Papers:
Journal of Second Language Writing is soliciting submissions for a special issue entitled ''Critical Language Awareness: A Lens for Looking Backward, Outward, and Forward in L2 Writing.''
Full call for papers available at https://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-second-language-writing/call-for-papers/special-issue-on-critical-language-awareness-a-lens-for-looking-backward-outward-and-forward-in-l2-writing
This special issue will provide an opportunity to consider questions such as:
- What are the benefits and challenges of taking up CLA as a central framework for the teaching of L2 writing? How does this framework play out in curriculum design, classroom instruction, assessment, and other aspects of pedagogy?
- How does CLA intersect with or diverge from other asset-oriented frameworks
(e.g., translingual orientations, plurilingual pedagogies, and linguistic justice)?
- How can CLA inform our research, administration, and/or advocacy work?
- How might CLA help L2 writing specialists connect to and converse with scholars in other disciplines and contexts?
Please send a 500-word abstract that describes unpublished empirical, analytical, and/or reflective work that explores the questions above. If abstracts are accepted, we will invite authors to submit full-length articles for possible inclusion in this issue. Complete manuscripts will be sent out to peer reviewers prior to acceptance in the special issue.
- Abstracts (500 words) should be submitted by March 1, 2022 via email to the guest editors.
- Authors invited to submit full-length articles will be notified by April 1, 2022.
- Complete manuscripts should be submitted by September 1, 2022.
Please send abstracts and inquiries to the special issue guest editors, Rebecca Lorimer Leonard (rlorimer
english.umass.edu) and Shawna Shapiro (sshapiro
Page Updated: 12-Nov-2021