LINGUIST List 32.3599
Fri Nov 12 2021
Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Natural Language Processing Scientist, INFOSCITEX
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Eric Hodges <ehodges
Computational Linguistics: Natural Language Processing Scientist, INFOSCITEX, Dayton, OH, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: INFOSCITEX
Job Location: Ohio, USA
Web Address: https://www.infoscitex.com/
Job Title: Natural Language Processing Scientist - Dayton, OH
Job Rank: Scientist
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. As a federal contractor, IST is required to comply with Executive Order 14042 and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force Guidance requiring contractor personnel to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Effective December 8, 2021, IST will require all newly hired employees to be fully vaccinated before their start date unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation.
Infoscitex, a DCS company, is an employee-owned organization with a reputation for agile and efficient development of technology solutions for U.S. Defense, Aerospace, Human Factors, and Security markets. We continue to provide innovative solutions with our multidisciplinary teams formed with exceptional employees.
Infoscitex is seeking a scientist experienced in artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques to implement natural language processing (NLP) algorithms for projects involving spoken dialog systems, intelligent agents, chatbots, and information extraction tasks. This is an opportunity to join a growing, cutting-edge team in creating next-generation autonomy technologies.
Essential Job Functions:
As a member of our team, you will work in Dayton, OH, and collaborate with teammates in Dayton and Columbus, OH, having backgrounds in multiple disciplines, including artificial intelligence, human factors, software development, simulation integration, and military Subject Matter Experts (SME's).
Your work will support research, prototyping, and testing of new autonomy capabilities for the US Army and the US Air Force to develop state-of-the-art user interfaces for aiding decision making and command and control.
In this role, you could expect to:
- Select and implement algorithms for natural language processing in support of multiple user interface prototypes.
- Work with software developers to integrate algorithms within a mission system architecture.
- Employ best practices in the industry to ensure maximum code reusability, extensibility, and modularity.
- Communicate between distributed government, contractor and academic research teams.
- Participate in the design and execution of research studies.
- Conduct data analysis and create reports and briefings of findings.
- Present findings to internal team members, government customers, and other venues.
- Participate in the preparation of proposals for future projects.
Due to the sensitivity of customer-related requirements, U.S. Citizenship is required. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government background investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information: NAC.
At least a Master Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Language Technology, Computational Linguistics, Information Science, Data Science, or a related technical area, and at least 1 year of related experience. (We have multiple levels associated with this opportunity category. Candidates with advanced degrees or varying levels of experience may be considered for alternative classification.)
Experienced with natural language processing, including:
- Familiarity with current state-of-the-art language modeling techniques for discriminative and generative tasks.
- Some familiarity with common NLP toolkits.
- Understanding of the components of traditional NLP pipelines and knowledge of the general problem space within the field of computational linguistics.
- Experience planning and conducting research.
- Creative problem-solving capabilities.
- Strong math and analytical skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to participate in limited short-term intermittent travel.
For more information and to apply, please visit the application link below.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: https://phh.tbe.taleo.net/phh04/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=DCSCORP2&cws=45&rid=3304
Mr. Eric Hodges
Page Updated: 12-Nov-2021