LINGUIST List 32.3670
Mon Nov 22 2021
Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Linguistic Project Manager, Appen
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Lance Marvin Coching <lcoching
Computational Linguistics: Linguistic Project Manager, Appen, Remote (USA or Australia) E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Appen
Job Location: , USA (Telecommute)
Job Title: Linguistic Project Manager
Job Rank: Manager
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; NLP/NLU text annotation
The Project Manager at Appen will manage a portfolio of small to medium-sized linguistic projects for established clients. He/She will rely on their linguistic skills to lead project teams of linguists/specialists, while bringing in their project management and customer focus to effectively manage project scope, and to meet or exceed project targets while delivering high quality.
The position is open to applicants in either Sydney, Australia, or the US.
- Autonomously plan and manage project teams to quality, scope, time, and budget; ensure effective project execution and delivery
- Build strong client relationships through customer service and regular reporting
- Report and manage project financial activities
- Report project status, manage risk and issues and undertake recovery action as necessary to ensure project success
- Ensure close and regular communication with all internal project stakeholders
- Share knowledge and take initiative to improve processes
- Provide operational input to the Sales team to support business growth opportunities
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Degree in linguistics, computational linguistics, language studies, a related field, or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years project management experience preferably in a language, linguistics, or software-related field, in a client-facing role
- Solid understanding of linguistic concepts and terminology
- Familiarity with a broad range of Natural Language Processing
- Technologies and their application to the company's business areas
- Strong technical and data management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in an environment characterized by frequent change, and a fast, deadline-driven culture
- Native or near-native proficiency in at least one language other than English
- Familiarity with a range of Natural Language Processing technologies
- Experience with regular expressions, scripting, or programming skills
At Appen, we value performance, honesty, humility, and grit. We persevere and remain focused, whilst maintaining agility to achieve quality outcomes and exceed expectations. We’re truth tellers – respectfully of course. We take accountability for our actions and believe in giving and receiving direct feedback. We give credit where credit is due and show gratitude to others for their contributions. We seek diverse perspectives as we recognize the value in teamwork and collaboration. Through grit, we take ownership, and we don’t give up.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For more information and to apply, please visit the application link below.
Application Deadline: 31-Dec-2021
Web Address for Applications: https://talent-appen.icims.com/jobs/5656/linguistic-project-manager-(uk)/job?mode=view&mobile=false&width=1713&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=480&jun1offset=480
Senior Corporate Recruitment Partner Joyce Lee
Page Updated: 22-Nov-2021