LINGUIST List 32.413
Wed Feb 03 2021
Jobs: English; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Semantics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Manager, LexCheck Inc.
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
LexCheck Recruiting <jobs
English; Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Semantics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Manager, LexCheck Inc., Ontario, Canada E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: LexCheck Inc.
Job Location: Ontario, Canada
Web Address: http://www.lexcheck.com/
Job Title: Junior Product Manager
Job Rank: Manager
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; General Linguistics; Semantics; Syntax; Text/Corpus Linguistics
Required Language(s): English (eng)
The practice of law keeps evolving; we want to bring legal technology up to speed. This is an opportunity to join LexCheck, one of the fastest growing startups in the legal technology sector. We are looking for a junior product manager to help lead the charge in building out our contract review automation product offerings.
LexCheck aims to produce solutions that change our customer's day-to-day lives for the better. As a result, product management is key to LexCheck's success as an organization. You will interface with our customers to find ways in which LexCheck could provide additional value and then work with our development teams to turn those ideas into reality.
This position will be primarily focused on the building out of LexCheck's proprietary contract automation technology and processes. This is a great opportunity to put a linguistics background to work.
We provide the opportunity to work on the cutting-edge of our sector, with significant growth potential and upward mobility. You would have the opportunity to wear a lot of different hats, while also making a meaningful impact on the LexCheck organization as a whole. Opportunities to receive on-the-job training and mentorship from more senior LexCheck team members will be plentiful.
- Analyzing precedent documents and developing natural language processing searches in response to customer requests
- Identifying opportunities, and designing solutions, to improve the efficacy of our proprietary search language and search building processes
- Provide input on the look, design and feel of our product
- Understand customer needs through primary research and market data
- Develop product lines and appraise new ideas for market viability
- Research competitive landscape
- Generate product requirements and work closely with engineering teams to bring those requirements into reality
- Develop product specifications, production timetables, pricing, and time-integrated plans for product introduction
- University degree, with a strong academic record
- Linguistics coursework (NLP or coding background a plus)
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Interest in learning about the intersection of law and technology
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention-to-detail
- Entrepreneurial mindset and enjoys startup environments
- Good written and verbal communication skills and a strong grasp of the English language
- Development. LexCheck works on challenging problems that will test your problem-solving limits and make them stronger in the process. LexCheck emphasizes training, mentorship and development in hopes of helping junior team members reach their full potential.
- Customers. LexCheck works with benchmark companies that employ best practices in their legal departments. Our users include top law firms and Fortune 500 companies. Learn about the legal industry from some of the best around.
- Team. The LexCheck team is filled with fun, nice people that make great partners for taking on problems. LexCheck's founder is a successful serial legal-tech entrepreneur who has created market-leading products that are currently widely used by law firms and corporations.
- Location. Downtown Toronto office with a laid-back environment (currently remote). New York City headquarters.
- Benefits. We offer competitive compensation including a strong base salary and a comprehensive benefits package.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your cover letter, resume and transcript to the application email provided below.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Email Address for Applications: jobs
Page Updated: 03-Feb-2021