LINGUIST List 32.481
Mon Feb 08 2021
Jobs: Psycholinguistics; Neurolinguistics: Post Doc, University of Oslo
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Valantis Fyndanis <valantis.fyndanis
Psycholinguistics; Neurolinguistics: Post Doc, University of Oslo, Norway E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: University of Oslo
Department: Center for Multilingualism in Society across the Lifespan (MultiLing)
Job Location: Oslo, Norway
Web Address: https://www.hf.uio.no/multiling/english/
Job Title: Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Psycholinguistics/Neurolinguistics
Job Rank: Post Doc
Specialty Areas: Neurolinguistics; Psycholinguistics
The Center for Multilingualism in Society across the Lifespan (MultiLing) at the Department of Linguistics and Scandinavian Studies at the University of Oslo, Norway, invites applications for a 2-year postdoctoral position (SKO 1352) in psycho-/neurolinguistics, starting September 2021.
MultiLing is a Center of Excellence funded by the Research Council of Norway (2013-2023). This position is connected to MultiLing’s research project Morphosyntactic Production in Stroke-induced Agrammatic Aphasia: A Cross-linguistic Machine Learning Approach (Machine Learning Aphasia). A brief description of the project can be found here: https://www.hf.uio.no/multiling/english/projects/flagship-projects/machine-learning-aphasia/
The successful applicant will work closely with Valantis Fyndanis (project manager) on one or more studies investigating verb-related morphosyntactic processing in persons with aphasia and/or neurologically healthy individuals with a focus on one or more of the languages involved in the Machine Learning Aphasia project (i.e., Norwegian, Greek, Italian, Russian, English).
Applicants are expected to present an independent research project proposal on verb-related morphosyntactic processing. We particularly welcome projects relating to the online processing of tense and/or aspect in one (or more) of the languages involved in the project. However, projects focusing on other verb-related morphosyntactic/morphosemantic phenomena will also be considered.
The successful applicant will have access to MultiLing’s SocioCognitive Lab, which offers excellent experimental facilities, including eye-trackers, an EEG system, and video and audio recording. More information about facilities and equipment can be found here: https://wiki.uio.no/hf/multiling/index.php/Main_Page
In assessing the applications, special emphasis will be placed on the quality of the project description and its relevance to the Machine Learning Aphasia project. We seek strongly motivated, competent candidates, with high-ranking academic qualifications in the relevant area of research.
The candidate should have:
- A PhD degree or equivalent in Psycholinguistics/Neurolinguistics or in Cognitive Psychology/Neuropsychology
- Advanced statistical knowledge/skills
- Excellent written and spoken language skills in English
- The doctoral dissertation must be submitted for evaluation by the application deadline. Appointment is dependent on the public defence of the doctoral thesis being approved.
In the assessment of the applications, emphasis will be placed on:
- The project’s scientific merit, research-related relevance and innovation
- The applicant’s international experience and network of relevance to the project
- The applicant’s academic and personal qualifications to carry out the project within the allotted time frame
- Good cooperative skills, and the ability to successfully join in academic collaboration within and across disciplines, as an active member of the Machine Learning Aphasia project group
- Personal suitability and motivation for the position
To apply, please visit the application link provided below.
Application Deadline: 27-Mar-2021
Web Address for Applications: https://www.jobbnorge.no/en/available-jobs/job/197689/postdoctoral-research-fellowship-in-psycholinguistics-neurolinguistics
Page Updated: 08-Feb-2021