LINGUIST List 32.598
Wed Feb 17 2021
Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Researcher, JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Rebecca Sela <rebecca.j.sela
Computational Linguistics: Researcher, JPMorgan Chase & Co., USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: JPMorgan Chase & Co.
Job Location: USA
Job Title: Applied AI ML - Associate
Job Rank: Researcher
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
We are an intellectually diverse team of economists, statisticians, engineers,
and other analytics professionals, focused on quantitative modeling within CCB
at JPMorgan Chase & Co. The team answers complex and unique questions,
utilizing cutting edge quantitative and computational techniques and
leveraging one of the world’s largest repositories of consumer data. We work
closely with our partners throughout JPMorgan Chase to assess and execute
critical business decisions.
This position is located in New York or Ohio.
- Apply critical thinking skills and perform advanced analytics with the goal
of solving complex and multi-faceted business problems.
- Generate deep insights through the analysis of data and understanding of
business processes and turn them into actionable recommendations.
- Perform advanced quantitative and statistical analysis of large datasets to
identify trends, patterns, and correlations that can be used to improve
- Know what type of algorithm to use and how to implement them
- Build and deploy prototype solutions to demonstrate ideas and prove
- Develop presentations to summarize and communicate key messages to senior
management sponsors and colleagues.
- Become a subject matter expert and trusted advisor in the analytics
- Collaborate with others in the organization to develop new ideas and
brainstorm potential solutions.
- Actively contribute to the continuous learning mindset of the organization
by bringing in new ideas and perspectives that stretch the thinking of the
- Deep quantitative/programming background with a graduate degree (M.S.,
Ph.D.) in Computational Linguistics, Data Science, Statistics
- Experience with Natural Language models and approaches including Topic
Modeling, Text Classification, Entity Extraction, Neural Language (CNN,
BiDirectional LSTM, Elmo, Bert)
- Deep understanding of text representation techniques (n-grams, bag of words,
tf-idf, word embeddings, sense embeddings) and frameworks (glove, word2vec)
- 1-5+ years of related experience preferred
- Hands-on experience with Artificial Intelligence
- Ability to write code and develop production-ready analytical applications
- Significant experience working with very large scale (structured and
- Expertise in Python
Please click the link the application link provided below to apply.
Application Deadline: (Open until filled)
Web Address for Applications: https://jpmc.fa.oraclecloud.com/hcmUI/CandidateExperience/en/sites/CX_1001/job/210075689/?utm_medium=jobshare
Page Updated: 17-Feb-2021