LINGUIST List 32.636
Fri Feb 19 2021
Calls: English; Applied Ling, Gen Ling/Online
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Attila Wind <attila.m.wind
International Student Poster Presentation Conference in English & American Studies E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: International Student Poster Presentation Conference in English & American Studies
Short Title: ISPPC
Date: 03-May-2021 - 07-May-2021
Location: Budapest (MS Teams), Hungary
Contact Person: Attila Wind
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdwE1R7V69eXxA3JsxyGLR2niG1JOqlMJ5Q5yrztZGvQsbNYw/viewform
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics
Subject Language(s): English
Call Deadline: 07-Apr-2021
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT POSTER PRESENTATION CONFERENCE IN ENGLISH AND AMERICAN STUDIES
3 - 7 May 2021
organized by the School of English and American Studies at Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest , Hungary
- Participants will have the opportunity to share and get to know the work and thoughts of other students about issues related to English and American studies.
- Projects will be demonstrated in the form of ONLINE POSTER PRESENTATIONS.
- The conference will be organized on MS Teams.
- This is an excellent opportunity for students to showcase their projects at BA, MA and PhD levels.
- This international conference also provides a great opportunity for participants to network with other students majoring in English in Budapest, in Hungary, and internationally, as students from Eötvös Loránd University, from universities across Hungary, as well as students from ERASMUS partner universities are invited to take part.
- Participants will have the opportunity to PRESENT THEIR PROJECTS ORALLY (in ca. 5 minutes) as part of the closing event on MS Teams, on the 7 May, 2021.
- Participating in this event can be an excellent basis for scholarship applications and students research competitions (e.g., for Hungarian students ‘Tudományos Ösztöndíj’ application and TDK research).
Call for Papers:
All BA, MA, and PhD students are encouraged to apply using the following application form: https://forms.gle/odBDoMBF4LYDufmK8
Please be sure to include:
(1) the TITLE of your poster presentation;
(2) a 200-word SUMMARY of your poster presentation;
(3) your NAME and E-MAIL ADDRESS;
(4) TOPIC area (English and American literature, English and American history, English speaking cultures, Theoretical linguistics, Applied linguistics, Language pedagogy (including ELT); and
(5) LEVEL (BA, MA, or PhD).
(6) BA and MA students should also include the NAME OF AN INSTRUCTOR at their respective institutions who has agreed to support their application. (PhD students need not ask for a reference.)
Deadline for the application: 7 April 2021
Notification of acceptance: 21 April 2021
Page Updated: 19-Feb-2021