LINGUIST List 32.652
Mon Feb 22 2021
Calls: Kurdish; Gen Ling, Lang Acq, Socioling, Text/Corpus Ling, Typology/Austria
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Songul Gundogdu <snglgndgdu
5th International Conference on Kurdish Linguistics E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: 5th International Conference on Kurdish Linguistics
Short Title: ICKL-5
Date: 24-Sep-2021 - 25-Sep-2021
Location: Graz, Austria
Contact Person: Songul Gundogdu
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: https://kurdishlinguistics2021.uni-graz.at/en/conference/call-for-papers/
Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics; Language Acquisition; Sociolinguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Typology
Language Family(ies): Kurdish
Call Deadline: 11-Apr-2021
We are excited to announce that the 5th International Conference on Kurdish Linguistics (ICKL-5) will be organized by the Plurilingualism Research Unit at the University of Graz and will take place in Graz (Austria) on September 24-25, 2021.
The ICKL serves as a forum of scientific exchange for linguists working on any aspect of Kurdish, including the interactions with its neighboring languages. We welcome contributions which address these issues from the perspectives of various subdomains of linguistics, such as sociolinguistics, descriptive and typologically-oriented analyses of phonology and morphosyntax, grammaticalization and historical development, formal approaches to the grammar, pragmatics, language acquisition, language contact, and corpus linguistics. ICKL is meant to provide an environment for collaboration, and a space to share ideas big or small.
The ICKL-5 will take place in Graz but depending on the situation with the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, it might also take on a digital video platform. The ICKL-5 organising committee will decide whether it will be possible to hold the conference in-person or not in early May, and will surely inform the participants about the decision.
Call for Papers:
Abstract submission is now open. Authors are invited to submit anonymized abstracts at the following link: https://easychair.org/account/signin?l=ZrKvwl03JjLuj9g1ZYgecr
. Abstract submission deadline is April 11, 2021.
All abstracts will be anonymously peer-reviewed. In order to be eligible for consideration, abstracts should conform to the following requirements:
- Abstracts should contain original research that, at the time of submission, has neither been published nor accepted for publication.
- Submissions are limited to two abstracts maximum per person: one single and one co-authored abstract, or two co-authored works.
- Abstracts and talks should be submitted and presented in English.
- To ensure anonymity, abstracts should not reveal the identity of the author(s) in any way, and should not contain excessive references to the author’s publications or acknowledgements to granting agencies or academic bodies.
- Abstracts should not exceed two pages (8.5×11 “letter” or A4) with 1 inch or 2.54cm margins, including all data, figures, tables, and references. The font size must be at least 12pt.
- Examples, tables, graphs, etc. must be interspersed into the text of the abstract, rather than collected at the end.
- Abstracts must be submitted in PDF format. If the abstract contains phonetic transcriptions or non-ASCII text, please ensure that all fonts are properly embedded.
All papers presented at the conference will be invited to submit for a proceedings volume distributed by the Grazer Plurilingualismus Studien (GLM (uni-graz.at)).
You can view the online CfP here: https://kurdishlinguistics2021.uni-graz.at/en/conference/call-for-papers/
All questions and comments should be addressed to: kurdishlinguisticsconference
- Agnes Grond (local organizer)
- Songül Gündoğdu
- Ergin Öpengin
Page Updated: 22-Feb-2021