LINGUIST List 32.654
Mon Feb 22 2021
Calls: Gen Ling/Online
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Renato García-González <renato.garciago
Encuentro de Lingüística Formal en México / Formal Linguistics Meeting in Mexico E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Encuentro de Lingüística Formal en México / Formal Linguistics Meeting in Mexico
Short Title: ELF 2
Date: 08-Sep-2021 - 10-Sep-2021
Location: Puebla (Online), Mexico
Contact Person: Renato García-González
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: https://encuentrodelinguisticaformalmx.wordpress.com
Linguistic Field(s): General Linguistics
Call Deadline: 15-Apr-2021
The Department of philosophy at the Benemérita Universidad Autónoma de Puebla, Mexico, is hosting the second Formal Linguistics Meeting in Mexico, which will take place online on September 8-10, 2021.
The Formal Linguistics Meeting in Mexico (ELF) aims to bring together researchers working under formal approaches to the study of language in order to promote exchange and discussion on language phenomena and their theoretical implications.
- Roberta D’Alessandro (Universiteit Utrecht)
- Gabriel Martínez Vera (Goethe-Universität)
Call for Papers:
We invite submission of abstracts for presentations that have as a theoretical basis any formal linguistic approach (Minimalism, Optimality Theory, Formal Semantics, Distributed Morphology, HPSG, among others) to the analysis of linguistic phenomena at different grammatical levels (syntax, semantics, pragmatics, morphology, phonology, and interface studies).
Conference website: https://encuentrodelinguisticaformalmx.wordpress.com
Instructions for abstract submission:
We invite abstracts for 20 minute oral presentations + 10 minutes for questions. All abstracts must meet the following guidelines:
- Abstracts must be submitted as a PDF file via EasyChair in Spanish or English.
- Abstracts must be anonymous and include an identifiable title.
- Abstracts must be at most two pages long, including purpose of the presentation, data, main results and references, on letter-size or A4 paper with 1 inch margins on all sides, Times New Roman, font size 12 pt, single-spaced.
- Submissions are limited to one individual and one joint abstract per author, or two joint abstracts per author.
Link to the EasyChair website: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=elf2
- Deadline for abstract submission: April 15, 2021
- Notification of acceptance: June 1, 2021
- Meeting: 8-10 September, 2021
Contact information: elfmex20
Renato García-González (FFyL, Benemérita Universidad Autónoma de Puebla)
Rodrigo Gutiérrez-Bravo (CELL, El Colegio de México)
María Teresa Peralta Estrada (ENALLT, Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México)
Page Updated: 22-Feb-2021