LINGUIST List 32.694
Thu Feb 25 2021
Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Senior Lecturer, Lund University
Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <beccalinguistlist.org>
Fabian Beijer <fabian.beijer
English; Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition: Senior Lecturer, Lund University, Lund, Sweden E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Lund University
Department: Centre for Languages and Literarure - English
Job Location: Lund, Sweden
Web Address: https://www.sol.lu.se/en
Job Title: Senior Lecturer in English Language and Linguistics
Job Rank: Senior Lecturer
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; Language Acquisition
Required Language(s): English (eng)
The Centre for Languages and Literature at Lund University (SOL) is Sweden’s largest university department for languages, linguistics, literature and area studies. SOL provides a wide range of freestanding courses complemented with an increasing number of first and second cycle degree programmes.
The successful applicant will be part of the English division within Section 4 of the Centre for Languages and Literature (SOL) at Lund University. This unit consists of around 20 active researchers, teaching staff and doctoral students in English literature and English Language and linguistics, with various specialisations (www.sol.lu.se/en/subjects/engelska/research/
- Develop, teach and be responsibile for various courses and components in our secondary school teacher education programme (including subject didactics, degree projects, teaching placement),
- Teach English linguistics and English language proficiency outside of our teacher education programme,
- Conduct research in English specialising in didactics and/or language acquisition
Active physical presence in the research environment is important.
- A PhD or the corresponding research expertise or some other professional expertise that is of value in view of the subject matter of the post and the duties that it will involve,
- Demonstrated teaching expertise,
- Five weeks of training in teaching and learning in higher education or acquired equivalent competence by other means.
- Documented, excellent command of English
- A good national and international standing as a researcher,
- Good teaching ability, including a good ability to conduct, develop and lead teaching and other educational activities at different levels and using a variety of teaching methods,
- An ability to participate in supervising doctoral students,
- An ability to participate in and develop public engagement and other outreach activities, as well as otherwise lead and develop activities.
Desirable qualifications in descending order of importance:
- Research in English specialising in teaching and learning/acquisition,
- Experience of teaching English on a subject teacher training programme or equivalent,
- Doctoral degree in English linguistics or English specialising in didactics,
- Experience of teaching at the university level in English linguistics,
- Experience of teaching or supervision at the Master’s level.
In the assessment, equal consideration is given to teaching expertise and research expertise.
The application is to comply with the instructions available on https://www.ht.lu.se/en/the-faculties/academic-vacancies/instructions-for-applicants/
. The applicant is responsible for ensuring that the application is complete according to the vacancy announcement and the instructions, and that all required documents have been scanned and received by the University through its recruitment portal by the stated deadline.
The academic appointments board normally makes a selection among the applications which are then sent to the external experts for assessment. In connection with this decision, the academic appointments board may request that the applicants submit physical copies, within 14 days, of the publications they have listed in their applications.
To apply, please see the application link provided below.
Application Deadline: 31-Mar-2021
Web Address for Applications: https://lu.varbi.com/en/what:job/jobID:368106/type:job/where:4/apply:1
Dr. Fabian Beijer
Page Updated: 25-Feb-2021