LINGUIST List 32.751
Mon Mar 01 2021
Calls: English; Applied Ling/Online
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Catherine Richards <admin
5th Teaching English for Healthcare Conference E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: English for Healthcare Virtual Symposium
Date: 17-Sep-2021 - 17-Sep-2021
Location: Online, Switzerland
Contact Person: Catherine Richards Golini
Meeting Email: < click here to access email >
Web Site: http://www.ealthy.com
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics
Subject Language(s): English
Call Deadline: 28-Mar-2021
A unique conference, dedicated to the teaching and learning of English for medicine and healthcare.
The English for Healthcare conference aims to encourage an exchange of ideas to stimulate discussion and to provide a platform for the presentation of new approaches to the teaching and learning of language and communication in medicine.
We welcome proposals that relate to classroom practice and proposals that are research-based and develop our understanding of the language used in medicine and healthcare.
The conference attracts language teachers and communication skills trainers working with health professionals, both in training and in the workplace, and practitioners from the medical translation and interpreting field.
Keynote Speakers: Kevin Harvey & John Skelton
Please note: This event replaces the 5th English for Healthcare Conference which has been postponed until 2022.
Call for Papers:
Areas/Themes include but are not limited to:
- Content-Based and CLIL
- English Medium Instruction
- Medical Academic English
- Language skills in EMP (Reading, Speaking, etc.)
- Assessment (e.g., Occupational English Test)
- Technology in the English for medical purposes classroom
- Task-based and problem-based learning in English for medical purposes
- Role plays / Simulation in the English for medical purposes
- Corpora in English for medical purposes
- Discourse analysis in English for medical purposes
- Professional practice and discourse
- Communication skills training for healthcare
- Interpreting /translation for healthcare
- Medical Humanities in the English for medical purposes
Please note that sessions are shorter than in the face-to-face English for Healthcare Conference, scheduled to be held in September 2022.
- Workshop: a practical, interactive, how-to session – 45 minutes plus 10 minutes questions.
- Practice-Oriented Presentation: focused on classroom practice – 15 minutes, plus 10 minutes questions.
- Research based Presentation: focused on completed research – 15 minutes, plus 10 minutes questions.
- Dynamic E-Poster: Dynamic e-Poster presenters have 10 minutes to present and an additional two minutes for questions.
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF ABSTRACTS: 28 March 2021
- 300 words maximum (no references)
- Do not use any special fonts, such as bold print or caps (italics fine)
- Do not add tables, photos, or diagrams to your abstract
- Do not indent your paragraphs, leave one space between paragraphs instead
- Your abstract should clearly summarise the content of your session/poster
- Please indicate what type of session your submission is for.
Please email your abstract as a Word document to conference
*Please note that all presenters should be paid-up members of EALTHY when they confirm participation at the Symposium (by June 30). Individual annual membership cost €55 *
Page Updated: 01-Mar-2021