LINGUIST List 32.928
Mon Mar 15 2021
Calls: Applied Linguistics, Psycholinguistics, Cognitive Science, Language Acquisition / Language Learning (Jrnl)
Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinsonlinguistlist.org>
Theres Grüter <theres
Applied Linguistics, Psycholinguistics, Cognitive Science, Language Acquisition / Language Learning (Jrnl) E-mail this message to a friend
Full Title: Language Learning
Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; Cognitive Science; Language Acquisition; Psycholinguistics
Call Deadline: 05-Sep-2021
Call for Papers:
Language Learning is inviting proposals for a 2023 Special Issue from interested guest editors
We seek proposals that address a research topic that will be of interest and relevance to the journal's international readership of language learning scholars. We are especially interested in special issue themes that will highlight work in areas of inquiry, theoretical approaches, and methodological tools in language learning which are underrepresented and/or represent cutting-edge developments in the wider interdisciplinary field of language learning.
The special issue will bring together seven to nine original contributions of standard article length (10,000 words including references, tables, and figures) and will be accompanied by an introduction written by the guest editor(s). See an example here.
It is envisaged that guest editors would directly invite their contributors. However, they might also want to put out a 'rapid-response' open call, to ensure that they are gathering the best of the relevant field.
Proposals should include:
- a general description of the issue and its potential contribution to the field (maximum 800 words);
- a list of contributors and article abstracts (300-400 words each);
- the name(s) and qualifications of the guest editor(s), including relevant editing experience (maximum 300 words per editor).
Deadline: E-mail proposals in a single .pdf file to Associate Editor and Special Thematic Issues coordinator, Theres Grüter, at theres
hawaii.edu by 5 September 2021.
- 5 September 2021: Proposals due
- 5 October 2021: Winning proposal announced
- 25 March 2022: Submission of first-draft manuscripts to Language Learning via ScholarOne
- 15 May 2023: All final manuscripts due, submitted via ScholarOne
Proposals will be reviewed by the Editorial Board of the journal. The special issue will appear in September 2023. Please contact Editor of Special Thematic Issues/Associate Editor Theres Grüter (theres
hawaii.edu) with any questions.
Page Updated: 15-Mar-2021