LINGUIST List 33.1718
Fri May 13 2022
Jobs: Phonetics; Psycholinguistics: Visiting Assistant Professor of Language Sciences, Virginia Tech
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Joseph Eska <eska
Phonetics; Psycholinguistics: Visiting Assistant Professor of Language Sciences, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Virginia Tech
Job Location: Virginia, USA
Web Address: https://liberalarts.vt.edu/departments-and-schools/department-of-english.html
Job Title: Visiting Assistant Professor of Language Sciences
Job Rank: Visiting Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Phonetics; Psycholinguistics
The Department of English at Virginia Tech invites applications for a one-year Visiting Assistant Professor position in Language Sciences to begin August 2022.
- Ph.D. in hand by 1 August 2022 in Linguistics with preparation in psycholinguistics;
- The promise of research and publication;
- Evidence of successful teaching.
- Ability to teach introduction to linguistics and sociolinguistics or phonetics/quantitative methods;
- Teaching/working with diverse populations.
- Teaching undergraduate courses;
- Serving on departmental committees.
Teaching load 3/3.
The successful candidate will have the option of teaching virtually or in person. A criminal background check will be required.
To apply, search for position no. 520430 at the application link below. Attach to the electronic application a letter of interest that addresses the qualifications and responsibilities stated above, a curriculum vitae, and a list of three referees with contact information.
Application Deadline: 06-Jun-2022
Web Address for Applications: https://www.jobs.vt.edu
Professor Joseph F. Eska
Page Updated: 13-May-2022