LINGUIST List 33.1875
Fri May 27 2022
Jobs: Computational Linguistics: Post-doctoral Researcher, Friedrich Alexander Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Susanne Dyka <project-cxgram
Computational Linguistics: Post-doctoral Researcher, Friedrich Alexander Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg, Erlangen, Bavaria, Germany E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Friedrich Alexander Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg
Department: Research Training Group Dimensions of Constructional Space
Job Location: Erlangen, Bavaria, Germany
Web Address: https://www.linguistics.phil.fau.eu/fau-linguistics/research-training-group-dimensions-of-constructi
Job Title: Post-doctoral Researcher
Job Rank: Post Doc
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics
The PDR will bear the primary responsibility for development of the formal and technical framework of the research constructicon. In addition, the researcher will have the opportunity to build up a track record of independent research with a clear focus on a highly innovative topic and with a substantial number of co-authored and single-authored publications, and, if s/he wishes, to complete a cumulative Habilitation (German post-doctoral degree).
The postdoctoral researcher (PDR) will be employed on a 100% basis on the E13 scale for 4.5 years, starting 1 October 2022.
- a PhD in computational linguistics, knowledge representation, digital humanities, linguistics or a related discipline;
- demonstrated capacity for independent research;
- fluency in English;
- computer programming experience;
- preferably good knowledge of CxG.
More information about the RTG and the post-doc position can be found: https://www.linguistics.phil.fau.eu/files/2022/05/rtg-dimensions-of-constructional-space.pdf
Informal enquiries and applications for the positions should be submitted by email to the application email address below, subject line: Application PDR.
Applications should be in English and should contain:
- an academic CV
- a cover letter explaining how you meet the recruitment criteria
- an academic writing sample in English (e.g. MA dissertation, essay, or a review of the literature relevant to the project)
- details (name, affiliation, email, and relationship to you) of 2-3 academic references
Application Deadline: 10-Jul-2022
Email Address for Applications: project-cxgram
Dr. Susanne Dyka
Page Updated: 27-May-2022