LINGUIST List 33.1877
Sat May 28 2022
Support: Cognitive Science: PhD, Friedrich Alexander Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Susanne Dyka <project-cxgram
Cognitive Science: PhD, Friedrich Alexander Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg, Erlangen, Bavaria, Germany E-mail this message to a friend
Department: Research Training Group Dimensions of Constructional Space
Web Address: https://www.linguistics.phil.fau.eu/fau-linguistics/research-training-group-dimensions-of-constructi
Institution/Organization: Friedrich Alexander Universitaet Erlangen-Nuernberg
Specialty Areas: Cognitive Science
13 doctoral positions are available in the DFG Research Training Group on Dimensions of Constructional Space at FAU Erlangen-Nürnberg.
- MA in linguistics or a related discipline (or, for project 4, MSc in computer science, neuroimaging, physics or biology);
- previous academic experience relevant to the project;
- ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- fluency in English.
Informal enquiries and applications for the positions should be submitted by email to project-cxgram
fau.de. The subject line should have the following format: Application PhD project XX (alternatively, project YY and ZZ) – please insert project number as appropriate.
More information on the projects can be found at https://www.linguistics.phil.fau.eu/fau-linguistics/research-training-group-dimensions-of-constructional-space/call-for-applications/
Applications should be in English and should contain the following:
- an academic CV;
- a cover letter explaining how you meet the recruitment criteria, which project you are applying for, why you are interested in this particular project, and where appropriate, up to two additional projects that you would like to be considered for; and
- an academic writing sample in English (e.g. MA dissertation, essay, or a review of the literature relevant to the project);
- details (name, affiliation, email, and relationship to you) of 2-3 academic referees.
The PhD researchers will be employed on a 65% basis on an E13 scale for three years, starting 15 October 2022.
Applications Deadline: 10-Jul-2022
Dr Susanne Dyka
Page Updated: 28-May-2022