LINGUIST List 33.2856
Wed Sep 21 2022
Jobs: Portuguese; Spanish; Applied Linguistics: Instructor in Spanish, Arizona State University
Editor for this issue: Lauren Perkins <laurenlinguistlist.org>
Isabel Spino <mispino
Portuguese; Spanish; Applied Linguistics: Instructor in Spanish, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ, USA E-mail this message to a friend
University or Organization: Arizona State University
Department: School of International Letters and Cultures
Job Location: Arizona, USA
Web Address: https://silc.asu.edu/
Job Title: Instructor in Spanish
Job Rank: Instructor
Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics
Required Language(s): Portuguese (por) Spanish (spa)
The School of International Letters and Cultures (SILC) at Arizona State University invites applications for the position of Instructor in the area of Spanish with appointment beginning Dec. 26, 2022 (Spring Semester 2023).
The successful candidate will be expected to teach lower-division courses in Spanish curriculum, online, in-person, and/or hybrid, hold office hours, and work closely with the program director and coordinators to prepare class materials, and class assignments. Depending on areas of expertise and need, the candidate may teach upper-division/content course/heritage language/Portuguese. This is an in-person, full-time, benefits-eligible, non-tenure eligible appointment made on an academic year basis (Aug.16 – May 15). A typical full-time course load is four classes per academic semester. Subsequent annual renewal is possible contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of resources, the needs of the university, and sufficient enrollment in assigned courses.
The College values cultural and intellectual diversity, and continually strives to foster a welcoming and inclusive environment. We are especially interested in applicants who can strengthen the diversity of the academic community.
Learn more about what The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences has to offer by viewing https://thecollege.asu.edu/faculty
. Arizona State University is a leading major public university committed to inclusion and excellence in research and education.
- M.A. in Spanish, or related field, by time of appointment.
- Three years’ experience in higher education teaching Spanish language courses.
- Evidence of effective teaching on-line.
- Native/near-native proficiency in both Spanish and English.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion among diverse student populations.
- Ph.D. in Spanish, Spanish and Portuguese, or related field by time of appointment.
- Experience with outreach to diverse communities.
- Provide evidence of proficiency-based approaches to teaching Spanish and the ACTFL proficiency standards.
- Ability to teach Portuguese courses.
- Ability to teach upper-division coursework within our current curriculum. For related information, please see https://silc.asu.edu/
Please apply via the link below. Applications should include:
- Cover letter outlining teaching philosophy, and how the applicant's experiences fit the qualifications listed above.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness (quantitative and sample of qualitative data from teaching evaluations).
- A statement addressing how your past and/or potential contributions to diversity and inclusion will advance ASU’s commitment to inclusive excellence.
- Contact information for 3 references.
Application Deadline: 04-Nov-2022
Web Address for Applications: http://apply.interfolio.com/112808
Professor Juan Pablo Gil-Osle
Page Updated: 21-Sep-2022