Job Announcement: Oracle
Multiple Languages; Computational Linguistics; Technical Writing; Natural Language and Text Processing: Technical Writer, Oracle, District of Columbia, USA
|Job Location:||District of Columbia, USA|
|Title:||Linguist Technical Writer (Technical Writer 3-ProdDev)|
Technical Writing; Natural Language and Text Processing
Job Posting: Title IRC2137742
Organization Name: Oracle Language Technology
Location: Washington, DC
Oracle Language Technology is seeking a skilled technical writer with linguistic training or background to join our team developing core natural language processing technologies supporting a variety of Oracle products. The successful candidate will have a solid grounding in commercial software and documentation technologies, native speaker knowledge of one non-English language, and a background and interest in understanding and describing the complexities of natural language processing.
The Oracle Language Technology (OLT) group develops language technology to support search and text analysis in a variety of Oracle products. The OLT Lexer software currently supports 35, providing a variety of linguistic analysis from tokenization to sentiment assignment. The group has engineers to develop the software and computational linguists to develop the language dictionaries and other data needed to perform language analysis.
Job responsibilities include planning and writing a variety of technical documentation deliverables, including end-user documentation, online help systems, and API documentation, as well as administration guides, solutions articles, and best-practice guides. The job involves working closely with a team of linguists and developers to understand the complexities of text processing for more than 35 natural languages, and contributing linguistic knowledge in one important native language.
- 3-5 years of experience creating technical documentation for commercial software.
- BS/MS, preferably in Technical Communications, English, or Linguistics.
- Experience writing for developers and system administrators.
- Familiarity with and interest in natural language and text processing issues.
- Native speaker competence in one of Turkish, Finnish, Hindi, Urdu, or other South Asian language.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability and desire to work hands-on with the software.
- Knowledge of structured authoring principles and technologies.
- Familiarity with source control systems.
- Experience documenting APIs (Java, C, and C++).
- Experience leading successful documentation projects.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent skills in interacting with independent linguistic developers.
|Application Deadline:||Open until filled|
click here to access email
click here to access email