Job Announcement: Rosetta Stone
Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Psycholinguistics; SLA: Curriculum Director, Rosetta Stone, California, USA
|Job Location:||California, USA|
|Title:||Director of Curriculum|
The Rosetta Stone team is quickly evolving away from our traditional format and content (CD and language learning) to more modern forms of distribution (adaptive content delivery to iOS, Android and HTML5) and new content and commercial verticals. We aim to be the leader in an exciting and fast--‐paced industry that is evolving daily.
Rosetta Stone is looking for a seasoned Curriculum Director. Reporting to the VP Of Language Learning Products, you will lead the design of new curriculum and oversee development of new language--‐learning content. You will optimize learning outcomes and learner satisfaction. You’ll work in close collaboration with other members of the Language Learning Products Team included experts in assessment, research, and instructional technology. You’ll also work closely with our engineering and user experience teams to create cutting--‐edge, engaging earning experiences.
If you are interested in joining a world--‐class team of passionate people and industry veterans who like to work hard and play hard, we look forward to hearing from you soon!
The position is full--‐time and can be based in our San Francisco, Austin, Boulder, DC, or Harrisonburg offices.
- Manage a team of linguists and curriculum developers--‐ Some remote.
- Clearly communicate requirements and collaborate with engineering and User Experience teams.
- Design curriculum structure and lead development of new language--‐learning content.
- Maximize efficiency in a constantly evolving environment where the process is
- Fluid and creative solutions are the norm.
- Improve student learning outcomes.
- Improve overall course effectiveness
- Strengthen the academic reputation and credibility of Rosetta Stone and its products by communicating relevant research results in peer--‐reviewed Journal articles and at conferences.
- Understand our strategic and competitive position within academic arenas and the industry product space, and deliver solutions that are recognized as the best in the industry.
- Ph.D. in Linguistics, SLA, Applied Linguistics, Psycholinguistics, Psychology,
- Education, Cognitive Science, or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years industry experience, including project management and general management responsibilities.
- Evidence of leadership experience, innovative curriculum design and materials development
- Foreign language teaching experience.
- A passion for cutting--‐edge learning technologies.
- Experience developing online language--‐learning curriculum.
- Superior ability to communicate with a variety of audiences, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to collaborate with others, works independently, takes initiative, adapts to change and makes difficult decisions.
- Highly detail--‐oriented with a proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Strong team--‐orientation.
- Ability To work with minimal direction in a constantly evolving fast--‐paced environment; must be able to quickly identify and prioritize business objectives
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do whatever is necessary; general manager/owner mentality.
- Demonstrated ability to dive deep in understanding the product, our business, and the competitive landscape.
- Proficiency in a language other than English.
Rosetta Stone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.
|Application Deadline:||Open until filled|
click here to access email