The LINGUIST List is dedicated to providing information on language and language analysis, and to providing the discipline of linguistics with the infrastructure necessary to function in the digital world. LINGUIST is a free resource, run by linguistics students and faculty, and supported primarily by your donations. Please support LINGUIST List during the 2016 Fund Drive.
Job Announcement: IBM Research, Ireland
English; Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics; Natural Language Processing: Research Scientist, IBM Research, Dublin, Ireland
IBM Research, Ireland
|Job Location:||Dublin, Ireland|
Natural Language Processing
IBM Dublin Research Laboratory, Ireland is accepting applications for full-time researchers in the area of natural language processing
The ideal candidate will have a PhD degree in computational linguistics or in computer science with a specialization in Natural Language Processing (NLP). Prior experience in the area of text analytics with information extraction, information retrieval and machine learning are highly desirable, and experience with corpus linguistics or natural language understanding are a plus. Strong programming skills (Java or C++) are required.
The successful research candidate must have demonstrated ability to define research plans, carry out leading research, and publish research results through professional journals, academic conferences, and patents. As a researcher you will be expected to organize challenging problems, develop new solutions, and work with business & development teams to ensure these solutions have a significant impact.
The Smarter Cities Technology Centre is part of IBM Research and was created to take on the challenges of our increasingly urbanized world.We are an R&D organization that works closely with city authorities, universities, and small/large businesses to advance science & technology for smarter urban and environmental systems. We aim to expand our highly skilled and cross-disciplinary team to as many as 200 researchers and software engineers. Areas we currently focus on include: data mining and machine learning; data privacy; statistical modeling & organization, control and decision systems, social, semantic web; distributed information systems; knowledge & data engineering, geospatial analysis and organization, simulation, real-time computing, and urban and environmental systems, e.g., water, energy, transportation.
- A stimulating, cross-disciplinary environment in a leading research organization
- Opportunities for a unique combination of scientific and industrial research into real-world problems
- Excellent ties to academic and industrial research labs worldwide
- Up-to-date infrastructure and resources
- The ability to take part in large-scale international research projects
- Doctorate Degree
- At least 5 years experience in the areas of information extraction and machine learning
- At least 1 year experience in publication in top-tier research conferences and journals
- At least 3 years experience in programming in Java and C++
- At least 1 year experience in open source NLP tools (i.e., Stanford NLP, OpenNLP)
- English: Fluent
- At least 1 year experience in one of the following domains: question answering, textual entailment, machine reading
- At least 1 year experience in software engineering
|Application Deadline:||Open until filled|
click here to access email