Job Announcement: Nuance Communications
Computational Linguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics: Language Modeling Researcher, Nuance Communications, Aachen, Germany or Burlington/Seattle, USA or Montreal, Canada
|Job Location:||Aachen, Germany|
Language Modeling Researcher
At Nuance Communications, everything we do is focused on developing the most human, natural, intuitive ways to use your voice to take command of information. Our people and our technology have pioneered the highest functioning speech software in the world, ceaselessly perfecting the ability for machines to recognize and emulate the human voice. We design and deliver technologies that intuitively link man, machine and the global storehouse of knowledge to help companies and consumers work seamlessly and intelligently with the world.
Job Reference: 8117
Job Title: Language Modeling Researcher
Role Type: Permanent
Job Location: Candidates could be based in Germany- Aachen / USA – Burlington or Seattle / Canada - Montreal
Nuance is looking for LM Researchers to help with rolling out Dragon technology for mobile speech recognition in various applications.The responsibilities of this position will include gathering and processing of appropriate text data, building and releasing statistical language models, evaluating emerging systems, and assisting with research experiments aimed at iterative improvements. This will be accomplished with the help of existing tools and technologies but will require customization per application and data source along with the creation of new software.
An LM Researcher will work closely with the LM Research Scientists, LM Linguists and LM Engineers on the team. They will leverage LM Linguist expertise to aid in processing, cleaning and conditioning data to be used for training and updating models. They will use tools provided by LM Engineers for general data processing and model building. The LM Research Scientists will provide guidance on the recipes to use for building models, variations that need to be evaluated and related experiments that need to be run and analyzed. It is expected that over time, LM Researchers will gain intuition in proper experiment design and that provided research specifications will require less fleshing out. Additionally they will gradually gain expertise in using our modeling toolkit.
An LM Researcher will be working predominantly in a Linux environment making use of command line tools. They will create new scripts for processing data and for gluing together existing tool
Skills and Experience Required:
- The qualified candidate should strong working in a UNIX/Linux environment and solid scripting skills (shell, Perl, Python).
- The candidate must be well-organized and responsible and capable of working efficiently as part of a group and independently with only moderate supervision.
- Working knowledge of C/C++ is a plus.
- Candidates should minimally have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field; a master's degree in computer science or related field or equivalent industry experience preferred.
- A background, courses, and/or knowledge in the fields of statistics, machine learning, speech, corpus processing and/or linguistics are helpful.
click here to access email
click here to access email