Job Announcement: Appen Butler Hill
English; Computational Linguistics; Semantics; Syntax; Dependency Grammars: Consultant, Appen Butler Hill, Telecommute
Appen Butler Hill
|Job Location:||---------------- (Telecommute)|
Appen Butler Hill is seeking linguists/syntacticians for English to help improve a syntax parser for a leading global IT company.
Main responsibilities include reviewing and annotating English data according to specified dependency rules and refining the tag set. The successful candidate has a background in Theoretical Linguistics with emphasis on syntactic and semantic analysis. Previous experience in interpreting semantic and syntactic representations and familiarity with Dependency Grammars is a big plus.
The project will start mid to end of March 2013 and will continue until end of May 2013 with possibility of extension. All work is done remotely; average time commitment will be approximately 15-20 hours per week.
- B.A. degree or higher in Computational Linguistics, Linguistics or related field, M.A. preferred
- Native knowledge of English
- Strong background in syntax and grammar engineering
- Ability to quickly understand new linguistic technologies and client/project needs
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated organizational skills with attention to detail
Strong computer skills in a Windows environment and greater than average comfort with software and technology are expected. You will be required to sign a legally binding non-disclosure agreement at the time of contract negotiation.
We offer a competitive, hourly pay rate DOE (to be paid as 1099 self-employment income).
|Application Deadline:||Open until filled|
click here to access email