Personal Directory Information
|Name:||Tim Xitao Fu|
|Institution:||Victoria University of Wellington|
|Email:||click here to access email|
|State and/or Country:||New Zealand|
Philosophy of Language
|Specialty:||cognitive processes underlying language use|
Journal papers/book reviews
- Fu, Tim Xitao. 2010. Book Review: Metaphor, Metonymy, and Experientialist Philosophy --- Challenging Cognitive Semantics by Verena Haser. International Journal of Mind, Brain & Cognition, 1 (1): 115-118
- Fu, Xitao. 2008. Metonymy and Metaphor: Continuum or Hierarchy? Wellington Linguistics Working Papers, 20: 65-85
- Fu, Xitao. 2007, Study of “YOU + VP” in Chinese --- A Review, Newsletter for Research in Chinese Studies (Taiwan), 26 (3): 1-9
- Fu, Xitao. 2006, On the Construction of “YOU + VP”, Journal of China University of Geosciences (Social Sciences Edition), 6 (5): 97-108
- Fu, Xitao. 2006, A Cognitive Analysis of Primary School E-C Bilingual Teaching, Journal of Hunan First Normal College, 6 (1): 20-23
- Fu, Xitao. 2005, On Properties of Speech Act, Social Sciences in Nanjing, 206 (4): 81-86
- Fu, Xitao. 2005, Is “Illocutionary Logic” Translated As “Yuyongluoji”?, Journal of Hunan First Normal College, 5 (2): 4-8
- Fu, Xitao. 2004, A Review on the Study of Speech Act Theory, Explorations (Qiusuo), 142 (6): 174-177
- Fu, Xitao. 2004, Speech Act and Natural Language Processing, Journal of Hunan First Normal College 4 (2): 4-9
- Chen, Lijiang & Fu, Xitao. 2000, Metaphor and Its Translation: A Textual Approach, Journal of Hubei Normal University (Foreign Language Teaching and Research Edition): 84-89
- Fu, Xitao. 2007, The Cognitive-textual Strategy for English Writing Teaching, in Tu Guoyuan (eds.), Hunan Translation Studies – Journal of Hunan Translators Association, Vol.6, Hunan People’s Press: 521-533
Monographs and books
- Fu, Xitao, 2012, Metonymy at the Interface of Cognition and Communication, Saarbrücken, Germany: LAP
Conference and seminar presentations
- Fu, Xitao. “110” in China: A Cognitive Approach. The Asia Pacific Corpus Linguistics Conference, University of Auckland (15-19 February 2012).
- Fu, Xitao. Prototypical meaning or meaning prototype? The 19th Biennial Conference of the Linguistics Society of New Zealand, Victoria University of Wellington (17-18 November 2011).
- Fu, Xitao. How does Metonymy Work in the Mind. School of Linguistics and Applied Linguistics Seminar, Victoria University of Wellington (20 May 2011).
- Fu, Xitao. The Metonymic Nature of Embodied Cognition. 1st Auckland Postgraduate Conference on Linguistics and Applied Linguistics. The University of Auckland, 19 March 2011.
- Fu, Xitao. Metonymy and Metaphor: A Continuum or Hierarchy? Linguistic Society of New Zealand 18th Biennial Conference, Massey University, Palmerston North, 29 Nov- 1 Dec 2009).
- Fu, Xitao. Teaching English Writing: A Cognitive Approach. The 12th Annual Academic Meeting of Hunan Translators Association. Changde (14-16 December 2007).
|Add to Linguist Directory||Update your entry|