Personal Directory Information
|Institution:||Middle East Technical University|
|Email:||click here to access email|
|State and/or Country:||Turkey|
|Specialty:||face theory, politeness theory, corpus building, emotions in relating|
|Selected Publications:||1. Ruhi, S.(2007. The lover and beloved as ‘gönül’ and the ‘heart’ as the experiencer of feelings in Turkish romantic love. 10th International Cognitive Linguistics Conference, 15-20 July 2007, Book of Abstracts, pp.285-286.
2. Ruhi, S. 2009. Evoking face in self and other-presentation in Turkish. In: Bargiela-Chiappini, Francesca, Haugh, Michael (eds.), Face Communication and Social Interaction. London: Equinox, pp. 155-174.
3. Ruhi, S. 2008. Intentionality, Communicative Intentions and the Implication of Politeness. Intercultural Pragmatics 5, 3, 287–314.
4. Ruhi, S. 2007. Higher-order Intentions and Self-Politeness in Evaluations of (Im)politeness: The Relevance of Compliment Responses. Australian Journal of Linguistics 27 (2), 107-145.
5. Ruhi, S., Isik-Guler, H. 2007. Conceptualizing Face and Relational Work in (Im)politeness: Revelations from Politeness Lexemes and Idioms in Turkish. Journal of Pragmatics 39, 4, 681–711.
6. Ruhi, S. (2010). Face as an indexical category. Journal of Pragmatics 39, 681-711.
7. Ruhi, S. (2009). A Place for Emotions in Conceptualizing Face and Relational Work. International Symposium on Face and Politeness. July 10, 2009, Griffith University., p. 5.
8. Işık-Güler, H., Ruhi, S.(2010). Face and impoliteness at the intersection with emotions: A corpus-based study in Turkish. Intercultural Pragmatics 7, (625-660).
9. Ruhi, S. (2010). Developing Annotation Parameters for Emotion and Emotivity in Corpus-Driven and Corpus-Based (Im)Politeness Studies. Paper presented at the Vth International Symposium on Politeness.
|Courses Taught:||Linguistics, Pragmatics, Contrastive Linguistics, Psycholinguistics|
|Dissertation Director * of:||Relationship of Bodily Communication with Cognitive and Personality Variables
(Ulas Gezgin, Author)
|Dissertation Director * of:||Metapragmatics of (Im)politeness in Turkish: An exploratory emic investigation
(Hale Isik-Guler, Author)
|Dissertation Director * of:||The online and offline Processing of this, that and it by native Speakers of English and by Turkish non-native Speakers of English
(Derya Cokal, Author)
Relational Rituals and Communication
(LL Issue 25.2454)
|* This information has been submitted by the dissertation author.|
|Add to Linguist Directory||Update your entry|