Personal Directory Information
|Name:||Nadia Nicoleta Morarasu|
|Institution:||University of Bacău|
|Email:||click here to access email|
|State and/or Country:||Romania|
Ling & Literature
1. The Shaping of Narrative Identity through the Act of Naming, Editura PIM, Iasi, 2007
2. A Dictionary of Similes: from Phrasemes to Tropes, Editura PIM, Iasi, 2010
3.The Stylistics of English literary texts, under print
1. “A Linguistic Approach to Names and Naming in Charles Dickens’s “Dombey and Son”, in Cultural Perspectives. Journal for British and American Literary Studies, no.7, noiembrie 2002, pp.82-103, ISSN 1224-239X
2. “Grammatical Features of Proper Names in George Eliot’s Middlemarch”, Messages, Sages and Ages, Proceedings of the 2nd International Conference on British and American Studies, Editura Universităţii Suceava, pp.533-542, ISBN: (10) 973-666-217-9, ISBN (13) 978-973-666-217-1.
3. “Identity Projections and Cultural Stereotypes in the Conceptual Associations of Similes”, in Cultural Perspectives. Journal for Literary and British Cultural Studies in Romania, no. 14/2009, B+, indexed in Copernicus Index, C.E.E.O.L. (Central and Eastern European Online Library), BHI (British Humanities Index) and NURC (National University Research Council, Romania), Ed. “Alma Mater”, Bacău, ISSN 1224-239X
4. Challanges in Translating Proper Names from Dickensian Novels”, in Translation Studies: Retrospective and Prospective Views, 2007, pp. 97-110, Editura Fundaţiei universitare “Dunărea de Jos” Galaţi, ISBN: (10) 973-627-349-0; (13) 978-973-627-349-0.
5. “Translating Allusive Names and Quotations from George Eliot”, in Translation Studies. Retrospective and Prospective Views. Proceedings of the Third Conference Translation Studies: Retrospective and Prospective Views, vol. 3, 2008, pp.131-139, ISSN 2065- 3514.
6. Translation Strategies for English and Romanian Conventionalized Similes”, in “Translation Studies. Retrospective and Prospective Views”, issue 6/2009, indexed in St Jerome Publishing, Galati University Press, pp 72-77, ISSN 2065-3514.
7. “Linguistic properties of English human-related conventional similes”, Interstudia. Revista Centrului interdisciplinar de studiu al formelor discursive contemporane, vol. Cultural Spaces and Identities in (Inter)action, no. 6/2010, indexed in Copernicus Index, C.E.E.O.L. and Fabula, Ed. „Alma Mater”, Bacău, pp. 279-287, ISSN 2065-3204.
|Courses Taught:||English Syntax
Stylistics of text and discourse
Registers and styles of English language
English through naming acts
Translation practical course
(LL Issue 22.3302)
|Academic Paper Abstract:||
A Linguistic Approach to Names and Naming in Charles Dickens's 'Dombey and Son'
Grammatical Features of Proper Names in George Eliot's 'Middlemarch'
Dickensian Fictional Names in Verbal and Nonverbal Signifying Systems
The European-ness of Culturally Charged Names in George Eliot's 'Middlemarch'
Translation Strategies for English and Romanian Conventionalized Similes
Linguistic properties of English human-related conventional similes
|Add to Linguist Directory||Update your entry|