Personal Directory Information
|Name:||Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara|
|Institution:||University of Lagos|
|Email:||click here to access email|
|State and/or Country:||
Ling & Literature
|Selected Publications:||1. Remedial English, Correspondence and Open Studies Institute, University of Lagos, 1995 (edited by Eruvbetine, Adetugbo, Okoro and Maduagwu)
2. “Women and the Dialectics of War: A Comparative Study of the Portrayal of Women in Nigerian Civil War Fiction Authored by Men and Women” in Men, Women and Violence edited by Oyekanmi, F. (1998) Dakar: CODESRIA
3. “Language and Identity: Linguistic Perceptions of Gender and Culture in Karen King-Aribisala’s Our Wife and Other Stories” in Ozo-Mekuri Ndimele (ed.)2004 Language and Culture in Nigeria: A Festschrift for Okon Essien
4. “Art, Recreation and Creativity in Metropolitan Lagos: Programs and Opportunities for Youth Development” (Mimeo.) Lagos: Development Research and Action Network.
5. “Identities and Representations: A Socio-Semiotic Perspective to the Challenges of Linguistic Pluralism, Conflicts and Nation Building in Nigeria” in Eruvbetine, A. E. ed (2001) The Humanistic Management of Pluralism: A Formula for Development in Nigeria. Lagos: Faculty of Arts University of Lagos.
6. “Iconicity And The Pragmatics Of Discourse In Nigerian Poetry In English: The Example Of Niyi Osundare”, Lagos Review of English Studies, University of Lagos, Lagos.
|Courses Taught:||Spoken English, Writing Skills, The English Language in Book Publishing and Bibliographical Studies, The English Language in Relation to Literary Studies, Nigerian English|
|Add to Linguist Directory||Update your entry|